+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for EE, few questions?

rob6547

Nov 27, 2014
Hello All,

I did search quite a bit but couldn't really find all the answers to my questions.

My wife(British, 32) and I(37) are going to apply for the Express Entry option any help would be much appreciated

No PNP, No job offer.

---------------------------------------

We both should score CLB 10 on the IELTS (I scored 8.5 in Dec-14, need to retake)

She is an advanced/almost native french speaker TEF should be very high.

Both 4 year Bachelors, I got my ECA in Dec-14 she is applying. (I dont need another one I believe)?

Both 6+ years experience her in NOC 0114 (Business Manager) me in Mechanical Eng (NOC 2132).

I've calculated approx 450 CRS points

--------------------------------------------
I'm assuming Federal Skilled worker is the best option, should we consider Quebec skilled worker as a plan B? or apply both at once?

Defiantly keep her as the primary right? (5 years younger, speaks French)

My NOC is Group A (2132) hers is Group 0 (0114).

When the form ask which province are you interested in, should we click all?

How much commitment do you have to be in that specific province if you get an ITA? Or once you land it doesn't matter?

If we get picked for a PNP, would we need to settle in that province? How long till we can move?

Since she is a french speaker does it matter if we pick English or French as first language while submitting? Is one more favorable?

I have Canadian Siblings and with her French that's more points from 6th June onward (new rules 30+15), should we wait till then to apply, we still don't have our test results anyway? or would the system automatically update our points?

Emilie

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you consider Ontarion French Skilled stream?

Emilie

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look at the OOPNP French Skilled workers stream thread

Emilie

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But your wife could be the main applicant.