+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit

taukter01

Oct 31, 2023
So, I'm protected person in Canada and I received a letter couple of weeks ago.

The letter stated:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

It has also been determined that the following family members in Canada that were included in your application meet the eligibility requirements:
Application: GXXXXXXX NAME SURNAME, DATE OF BIRTH

The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements. You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:
Application: GXXXXXXX NAME SURNAME, DATE OF BRITH

Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly.

Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca.

Since I'm already in Canada and only one of my dependent children is not Canada, does Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit also applies for him or not?

NOTE: He is above 18 and under 21.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, I'm protected person in Canada and I received a letter couple of weeks ago.

The letter stated:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

It has also been determined that the following family members in Canada that were included in your application meet the eligibility requirements:
Application: GXXXXXXX NAME SURNAME, DATE OF BIRTH

The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements. You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:
Application: GXXXXXXX NAME SURNAME, DATE OF BRITH

Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly.

Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit If you have not already done so, you may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit, please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca.

Since I'm already in Canada and only one of my dependent children is not Canada, does Applying for an open work permit and/or study permit also applies for him or not?

NOTE: He is above 18 and under 21.
It does not apply to him since he is not in Canada.

Reactions: ref19to22