+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for a visitor visa while on PGWP implied status

natalyalex

Aug 7, 2012
Hi, it is such a great forum and I hope somebody can help me. I'm on implied status (my PGWP has expired and I am waiting for LMO). I has been more than 2 months since my employer applied for LMO so I'm extremely worried that I might not get it before my implied status expired on Sept 14/12. Meanwhile my PR (CEC) is in process. My questions are:
1. Can I apply for a visitor visa, just in case my LMO is negative and I won't be allowed to work? (I want to maintain a legal status while waiting for a decision on my PR)
2. Do I have to pay a restoration fee?
3. Can I apply online for restoration to stay in Canada as a visitor?

judylopez

Aug 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi... You need to stay legal in Canada throughout the application process.

How are you under implied status if your PGWP is expired? Did you apply already for Work Permit without LMO?

1. Visitor is the only status you can change if you do not have an LMO in your situation. When you get your LMO you will need to apply outside Canada for your a Work Permit. Because you are no longer a Worker in Canada. You can work under implied status under your PGWP until an officer makes a decision on your implied status.

2. If you are on implied status you do not need to pay restoration, because you are "under implied status" not overstay, right? But if immigration refuses your application you will have to apply for restoration. :)

3. Restoration is available online but you do not need it right now.

hope this helps.... :)

natalyalex

Aug 7, 2012
Thanx judylopez! Yes, I applied for WP without LMO, just submitted a letter of confirmation from my employer that they filed for LMO.
Thanks a million for your help!

mouette79

Sep 18, 2012
Hello judylopez

Sorry to butt in there, but I am in exactly the same issue.

I am going to be under implied status net week as my work permit expires on the 15th, Vegreville received my mailed WP extension application on the 31st of October etc.

Right now I feel like I already SHOULD apply also for restoration of my status as a visitor, in case the LMO is negative and/or is still pending...

So how do I now about the length of my implied status, is it altogether 90 days, or until my application is being processed, with or without LMO?

ANd you say
judylopez said:
2. If you are on implied status you do not need to pay restoration, because you are "under implied status" not overstay, right? But if immigration refuses your application you will have to apply for restoration. :)

3. Restoration is available online but you do not need it right now.
Does it mean I get to apply ONLY as I close in on the end of my implied status and THEN ONLY I apply? (or leave Canada)

PS, technical question, is there any direct link to the whole package (form AND doc list) for such a request? (I know of the 200$ fee) Please advise!

Thx a lot!

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
natalyalex said:
Hi, it is such a great forum and I hope somebody can help me. I'm on implied status (my PGWP has expired and I am waiting for LMO). I has been more than 2 months since my employer applied for LMO so I'm extremely worried that I might not get it before my implied status expired on Sept 14/12. Meanwhile my PR (CEC) is in process. My questions are:
1. Can I apply for a visitor visa, just in case my LMO is negative and I won't be allowed to work? (I want to maintain a legal status while waiting for a decision on my PR)
2. Do I have to pay a restoration fee?
3. Can I apply online for restoration to stay in Canada as a visitor?
Hi,

I am about same situation as you. Since you already experience this, Please give ma advice. I am more than appreciate it.

My situation is: I have been working as skill work for 7 months with same employer ( Dec 28 -till present) under PGWP. My PGWP will be expired on Oct 27. By that time I will hit 10 months work experience only. I sort of 2 months. and my employer doesnt want to apply LMO. I am still looking for new employer who can grant LMO for me but I am not sure I can :(. Please help.

My questions are:
1/ Did you get the LMO approve while you was working under Implied Status? and what happen after that?

2/ What is your status in Canada now?

Please give me some advice..