+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a new work permit while working for the current one

lesterfortin

Oct 25, 2010
Hi I`m on a live in caregiver program at the moment just wondering if I could apply for a new work permit while I`m still working for my current employer( I`m a work permit holder with this employer as live in caregiver). I had the LMO already for my new employer just don`t want to waste time if I could apply for a new work permit while I`m still on my current one I won`t be interrupted to complete the 24month period to apply for Permanent residence. And the other thing is Immigration process work permit for new employer for 79 days for mailed application I just can`t waste time. Hope you can help me guy`s. Thank`s :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, you can do that. Will your current employer let you go once your new WP comes? Just let your prospective new employer know if there's a certain amount of time to give notice to your current employer.

lesterfortin said:
Hi I`m on a live in caregiver program at the moment just wondering if I could apply for a new work permit while I`m still working for my current employer( I`m a work permit holder with this employer as live in caregiver). I had the LMO already for my new employer just don`t want to waste time if I could apply for a new work permit while I`m still on my current one I won`t be interrupted to complete the 24month period to apply for Permanent residence. And the other thing is Immigration process work permit for new employer for 79 days for mailed application I just can`t waste time. Hope you can help me guy`s. Thank`s :)

lesterfortin

Oct 25, 2010
That is so good to know. Thank you. Yes, they(my current employer) will let me go as soon as I get my new work permit for my new prospective employer, that`s are agreement. Do you think Immigration won`t get confuse in the future if I got 2 work permit`s? Which one is which? Or if I got the new work permit for my new employer the other work permit( my old one) will be void/ automatically cancelled? Did I understand it right? Anyway if they got confuse in the future calculating my day`s for Permanent residence application I had the Record of employment as a proof that I quit with the first one( old employer) and started on the new one( new employer). Thank`s for your help job_seeker. I have read some of the answer`s for so many question`s that you wrote it`s very helpful. Cheer`s!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, you have your ROE.

lesterfortin said:
That is so good to know. Thank you. Yes, they(my current employer) will let me go as soon as I get my new work permit for my new prospective employer, that`s are agreement. Do you think Immigration won`t get confuse in the future if I got 2 work permit`s? Which one is which? Or if I got the new work permit for my new employer the other work permit( my old one) will be void/ automatically cancelled? Did I understand it right? Anyway if they got confuse in the future calculating my day`s for Permanent residence application I had the Record of employment as a proof that I quit with the first one( old employer) and started on the new one( new employer). Thank`s for your help job_seeker. I have read some of the answer`s for so many question`s that you wrote it`s very helpful. Cheer`s!