apply study permit with CSQ !?

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
I have receive my CSQ in Oct 2017. Waiting for my PR application.

I would like to return back to Canada in Aug 2018, therefore I am about to apply for a study permit.

Should I attached my CSQ in my study permit application?

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017

I would like to return back to Canada in Aug 2018, therefore I am about to apply for a study permit.

If it asks for it in your applications forms, you should provide the CSQ number/copy. Do you also need a CAQ?
You PR application will be visible to your study permit case officer on the GCMS system.

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
If it asks for it in your applications forms, you should provide the CSQ number/copy. Do you also need a CAQ?
You PR application will be visible to your study permit case officer on the GCMS system.

I already have my CAQ.

Thank you.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW

Hey I'm not sure if you CAN do this when you have gotten your CSQ.

Did you apply for your CSQ under PEQ or PRTQ(QSW)?

I'm sure that if you belong to the category of PEQ, you can NO LONGER apply for a study permit to enter/remain in Canada, because at the time you lodged your application you agreed to enter the labour market for employment. If you don't intend to work after getting your CSQ, your CSQ and therefore your PR application at the federal stage may risk being revoked.

Reactions: stacyluv7987

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
Hey I'm not sure if you CAN do this when you have gotten your CSQ.

Did you apply for your CSQ under PEQ or PRTQ(QSW)?

I'm sure that if you belong to the category of PEQ, you can NO LONGER apply for a study permit to enter/remain in Canada, because at the time you lodged your application you agreed to enter the labour market for employment. If you don't intend to work after getting your CSQ, your CSQ and therefore your PR application at the federal stage may risk being revoked.
Thank you so much for replying.

I applied under QSW.

I am intending to work part-time and full-time studies.

Not sure if this would affect my PR application.

My PR application was sent in march 2018.

My PR application file has been opened April 2018.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Thank you so much for replying.

I applied under QSW.

I am intending to work part-time and full-time studies.

Not sure if this would affect my PR application.

My PR application was sent in march 2018.

My PR application file has been opened April 2018.
Well, I don't know if there's such limitation for QSW candidates. You may want to call them for advice.

Reactions: stacyluv7987

Emad85

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
I have the same case right now. Did you got your CAQ and did not effect your PR application. Please reply to me to know what i can do. Thanks

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I have the same case right now. Did you got your CAQ and did not effect your PR application. Please reply to me to know what i can do. Thanks
The following is from MIDI website regarding foreign students who have obtained CSQ through regular program in Quebec:

"The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ was issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon completion of your study program. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future."

Here's a link to the webpage:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html#studies

Based on this you shouldn't start a new program of study soon after you obtain your CSQ, even though you've obtained it through the regular program. It is very likely that your CSQ will be revoked as soon as you apply for CAQ. MIDI has been acting very wierdly these days. They are being very harsh in cases where they feel applicants are misuing any loopholes, such as moving out of Quebec while waiting for PR, going to language schools which have lower standard of passing for French courses, etc. I personally wouldn't risk it.. and there are recently some cases on this forum reporting revoked CSQs for various reasons that were pretty within norm, say a year ago. I've also heard of someone almost losing her PR Visa (yes, the visa!) at the border because she had taken up a temporary position in Toronto right before she decided to land at QC-US border...

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Why would you think that you can study full-time after getting your CSQ? Your intention of settling permanently in Quebec, Canada is purely based upon your intention to enter the labour market. If you wish to continue studying, your CSQ will be revoked after being spotted, which is just a matter of time.

nguyenquan233

Aug 4, 2019
I have concern about this too, wonder if anyone can help me out. I'm a CSQ holder (applied under PEQ) and I'm currently employed full-time. However, my firm requires me to go to University part-time. So I wonder, would this affect my PR application/CSQ by any chance., because if I understand correctly, dual intent is a thing and the government seems to be fine with as long as the study is part time?