+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply from outside of Canada

rogerme

Dec 22, 2013
Hi, members

I plan to apply for the citizenship from outside of Canada, and I checked the all instructions from CIC website, they do not have any limitations on the application place, however in this forum, some members said the applications from outside of Canada is not accepted by CIC. Does anybody in this know more details on this problem or can supply any formal instructions on it.

Another question is about the photograph for citizenship application, does CIC accept the photograph taken in other country outside of Canada, I did not find any rules about it in the photograph specifications too.

Thanks in advance.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
To be a Canadian Citizen, You should be a Permanent Resident with 1095 days of Physical Presence for last 4 years of the time when you apply for your Citizenship.

What is your case ...

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply while being out of Canada but the chances are that your application will take years to clear or will get denied because they will ask you for so many documents that you won't be able to provide while being out of Canada as a lot of follow up is needed in these cases....

Applying while not living in Canada is not recommended at all, for many practical and moral issues, it is true that life sometimes leads us to other places and forces us to leave our residence place for some time, however, the argument that is used against immigrants today is that they take advantage of Canada's citizenship because it is relatively easy to get once you fulfill some requirements, that's what the conservatives call " The citizenship of convenience", so if your case is 100% CLEAN and honest, and if you really fulfilled the requierements, and if you feel that your case is defendable without any reasonable doubt, and if you feel that you truly want canada to become your home, then you should apply, it is the most natural thing to do, if there is any reasonnable doubt about your relation to Canada, then, please don't !

rogerme

Dec 22, 2013
canadp and ramsfe

Thanks for you comments, I can fullfill the 1095 requirements right now, for some reason, I need to live outside of Canada this year, and I will go bace to Canada in next year. However if I apply in next year, I can not fullfill 1095 requirements in 4 years. so I have only two choices, one is to apply right now outside of Canada, another is wait for another 3 years after my returning to Canada.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if this is the case, and in view of the recent declarations of the minister Chris Alexander about the potential changes to the Citizenship Act, then Apply now but be ready to come back to Canada on a short notice...

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
rogerme said:
canadp and ramsfe

Thanks for you comments, I can fullfill the 1095 requirements right now, for some reason, I need to live outside of Canada this year, and I will go bace to Canada in next year. However if I apply in next year, I can not fullfill 1095 requirements in 4 years. so I have only two choices, one is to apply right now outside of Canada, another is wait for another 3 years after my returning to Canada.
Like the others have said apply as soon as you are eligible but if you are planning on leaving Canada for a extended period than make sure you "dot every i and cross every t" on the application and have different kind of proofs to verify your 1095 days of phyiscal presence