+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for my Spouse’s PR while my PR is still in progress

viveksv

Jan 2, 2024
Hi,

I have submitted my PR application in Jan 2024 after I got my ITA. I am getting married soon and I wish to sponsor my wife’s PR so I can bring her to Canada with me. Can I add my wife to my PR application while it’s still being processed?

or, is it better that I bring her to Canada on a visitor visa or a work permit and apply for PR from within Canada when I receive mine?

I am currently working in Vancouver on a Closed work permit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Vivek

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

I have submitted my PR application in Jan 2024 after I got my ITA. I am getting married soon and I wish to sponsor my wife’s PR so I can bring her to Canada with me. Can I add my wife to my PR application while it’s still being processed?

or, is it better that I bring her to Canada on a visitor visa or a work permit and apply for PR from within Canada when I receive mine?

I am currently working in Vancouver on a Closed work permit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Vivek
You are NOT sponsoring her. You are adding her to your PR application. Post this question or read related post under the PR application stream that you are going through.

This is NOT consider Family Class sponsorship.

viveksv

Jan 2, 2024
You are NOT sponsoring her. You are adding her to your PR application. Post this question or read related post under the PR application stream that you are going through.

This is NOT consider Family Class sponsorship.
I was not aware of that. I was a little confused so I posted it here. Thanks for letting me know

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
How do I include her in the application?
Do I do that from the GC key portal?
You will be able to raise a form and add her anytime before the final decision on your PR. In fact, you have to do that if you get married.

If you live together 12+ months, you can add her now as a common law.

viveksv

Jan 2, 2024
You will be able to raise a form and add her anytime before the final decision on your PR. In fact, you have to do that if you get married.

If you live together 12+ months, you can add her now as a common law.
Thanks for your response. I hope she doesn’t have to write iELTS or require a WES assessment?

viveksv

Jan 2, 2024
It's not required, but your score will be recalculated, take that into account not to drop below your draw cut off.
Thank you. Do you know how many points would reduce and if my CRS score would then be checked against the current cut off or the cut off at the time I got my ITA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. Do you know how many points would reduce and if my CRS score would then be checked against the current cut off or the cut off at the time I got my ITA?
You are posting all of these questions to the wrong section of the forum. Post to the Express Entry section. You will get better answers there.