+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied For PRTD, Home address on PR Application got changed

mattyx

Aug 7, 2019
Hi All,

I am a PR of Canada, lost and submitted my PR card renewal on May 22th (Almost the same date), has yet still to receive my new PR card.

These are the information on CIC:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 22, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 22, 2019.
I had to travel aboard for family reason, booked a returning ticket for Canada on August 28th. Thus I applied for PRTD at the same time to see whichever come in first would be the document I need for returning to Canada. However, after submitting my PRTD application, my home address for my PR card application on CIC was automatically changed to the address I provided for PRTD in Hong Kong, which I never did. I wonder what caused this issue and would this affect getting my PR card in my Canada address.

Thanks

mattyx

Aug 7, 2019
It seems like you have answered yourself in your question.

They probably got it from your prtd
Is it an issue, no.
The address on the PRTD is an foreign address in HK that I intend to use to receive my PRTD only, I still want my PR card in Canada...that’s the issue

Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Pr cards are not delivered outside of Canada. Your PR card will be delivered at delivery address, not your home address. what does delivery address show up as?