+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

allmm

Mar 5, 2019
My sister finally made it to Canada!!! I am super excited.

They refused her children the COVID-19 travel exemption though based on the fact that my extended family relationship with her kids (nephew/niece), is far off - very weird reasoning. Now that she is a Canadian PR she can go back and get her babies as soon as she gets her PR card in the mail. Her children (who have COPRs and visas) are her immediate family members and immediate family members of Canadian permanent residents are exempt from COVID-19 travel restrictions.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
My sister finally made it to Canada!!! I am super excited.

They refused her children the COVID-19 travel exemption though based on the fact that my extended family relationship with her kids (nephew/niece), is far off - very weird reasoning. Now that she is a Canadian PR she can go back and get her babies as soon as she gets her PR card in the mail. Her children (who have COPRs and visas) are her immediate family members and immediate family members of Canadian permanent residents are exempt from COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Congratulations. What’s her time line

allmm

Mar 5, 2019
Congratulations. What’s her time line
Hi @mmannana. It's in my signature. I have also added it below:

Family class (other relatives)
Canadian PR single and living alone in Canada, sponsoring sister - Family class (other relatives- last remaining orphaned, 32 year old sister with 2 kids - 5 years old and 4 years old)
Application sent: 25 February 2019 | Application received: 1 March 2019 | Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) 1: 3 April 2019 | ECAs: 3 April 2019 | Sponsorship Approval (SA): 14 April 2019 | Biometrics (BM) Request: 20 April 2019 | AOR2: 6 May 2019 | Med request and additional info: 28 May 2019 | Med request (2) and additional info: 6 August 2019 | Medicals passed: 22 August 2019 | Additional information sent: 17 March 2020 | Pre-arrival services: 2 July 2020 | Med request (3) and additional info: 15 September 2020 | Medicals passed: 7 October 2020 | Decision made: 27 October 2020 | Proof of permanent residency (PPR): 19 November 2020 | Confirmation of permanent residence (COPR): 19 November 2020 | Applied for COVID-19 travel exemption: 22 December 2020 | COVID-19 travel exemption granted (for sister only): 15 March 2021 | Sister landed: 22 May 2021

sacaimm

Aug 5, 2022
My husband lives in South Africa. I applied for spousal immigration to Canada in October 2021. Things ran smoothly and his Medicals were passed by May 2022. He is currently under background screening according to online updates. After 3 months of waiting he emailed Pretoria VO and they said the file will have to go for in-person interviewing. Anyone had to do the same? What was the process and timeline like? any responses are helpful!

sacaimm

Aug 5, 2022
Pretoria is very very slow and quiet , my Aplication is going though 11 month now , my Aor is July 6th 2018 .. still waiting after medical passed, and my background check is in processing over 3 month now , I pray there will be good news soon .so far so good my experience with Pretoria VO is too slow .
Hi, I’m in a very similar situation now. Do you mind sharing what happened after and what your timeline was?

sacaimm

Aug 5, 2022
I know there are two of us who recently were approved through Pretoria. For myself, my husband is from Malawi and we submitted in November and following an interview my husband had his ppr in May. Another couple from South Africa who had to send in an additional document submitted in November and recieved their ppr in June.
Hi there, I’m a Canadian who sponsored my spouse from South Africa. my spouse has an interview in Pretoria at the end of this month. I know it has been a really long time but any ideas what to expect at the interview since you’ve been through it? Thank you in advance!