+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION RETURNED;Language proof not acceptable

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The only proof you have to show during the interview is the original diploma that you submitted with your application.
Actually, again, the applicant must demonstrate ability in an official language at the interview.

Requirement to show original documents applies to other required documents.

I submitted the original of the transcript. So am i screwed now? I don't have a copy of it.
As I have repeated a couple times above, documents to show proof of language are ONLY for the purpose of making a complete application.

If you have notice of AOR, your proof of language was accepted. Once the application has AOR, that means the application passes the completeness screening.

If you do not have notice of AOR yet, you do not know for sure your transcripts will meet IRCC standards. But generally, transcripts IN ENGLISH or FRENCH, and otherwise documenting completion of a program in English or French should suffice.

Applicants will NOT be required to submit documents proving language after AOR. This includes at the interview. Again, at the interview applicants do NOT need to show or submit documents to prove language ability. THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE, IN PERSON, BOTH IN TERMS OF LISTENING and SPEAKING, THEY MEET THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I have not included any transcript at all. I just submitted certificate plus letter from college confirming the medium of instruction was in English.
Not including transcript would be an issue?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I have not included any transcript at all. I just submitted certificate plus letter from college confirming the medium of instruction was in English.
Not including transcript would be an issue?
No issues. They ask for one of them: "diploma, certificate or transcripts"

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is strange. A friend of mine submitted his diploma from France, it was accepted. His native language is not French or English. He got his citizenship already.

I submitted a diploma and transcript in English from my home country. Native language is neither French nor English. I got my AOR . I don’t know if they will ask for more proof later.
So may be submitting a diploma from a non native English or french country is an issue? Unless you submit an additional letter stating that teaching was done in English.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
So may be submitting a diploma from a non native English or french country is an issue? Unless you submit an additional letter stating that teaching was done in English.
If you read OP post again you will notice that, he/she submitted a letter stating that teaching was done in English. His/her application was returned anyways.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
If you read OP post again you will notice that, he/she submitted a letter stating that teaching was done in English. His/her application was returned anyways.
If that is the case, IRCC is contradicting their own statements which is hard to believe. Something else may be causing the issue. The link below clearly states that the materials (transcripts and any supporting letters) should show that the program was in English/French. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
If that is the case, IRCC is contradicting their own statements which is hard to believe. Something else may be causing the issue. The link below clearly states that the materials (transcripts and any supporting letters) should show that the program was in English/French. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement. A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=573&top=5
I know, something is not right with what He/She sent as language proof. Maybe it's just a mistake from IRCC, who knows.