Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
cpeters8604 said:
hello!

Ok yes yes and yes! this is making a little more sense to me thanks to you all.
My situation is this... September 18th we are getting married, we will fill out all the paperwork and provide all possible documentations at this time. Once the marriage certificate is received i will courier all we have. We are choosing the Outland application as this will allow her to go back to USA and finish up all her affairs there. Once her police clearance is available we can also courier that information in. My fiance does not have any criminal record so I do not see why it would take too long to complete.

Our wedding is going to be a very small and intimate ceremony, less than 10 people will be there. This being because most of our support comes from her side of the family. my friends and parents will be there but we will be doing many photos and although there will only be 10 people I am going to wear my wedding dress and go dancing after and everything. I am really very excited!!

Being that this is such a small wedding will that affect the application? I would assume it wouldn't as we will be taking a lot of pictures and we are making a big deal of it despite the fact it will be such a small group.

Thank you all for helping me through this!
You are most welcome and yes go dancing!!! :D It is your time to celebrate. Small weddings do not affect the "genuine" quality of the marriage for the reasons you listed above and usually one spouse has to travel to other's country. In addition, all couples can face lack of support from families in these situations, nothing like love to divide families :p!

Make sure you explain all of these type of details in your application package, use extra paper or a covering letter to ensure the facts are clear. Also label the wedding photos (you can hand write on the back or use labels) with names and relation to you and/or your wife. Make sure you get duplicates, sometimes immigration will return photos, sometimes not.

Also you will need to demonstrate the progression of your relationship before marriage, so start keeping everything if you did not before. Pre-wedding photos, receipts, phone bills, Skype/FB messages, e-mails and some people include hand written letters from family and friends. Document and organize and when you put your file together, triple check it (keep a clean copy for yourself and one for your wife) and have another person do a check with "fresh" eyes before you send. Always send anything to immigration with a tracking number so you get a signature and tracking evidence.

Stay excited!

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
cpeters8604 said:
hello!

Ok yes yes and yes! this is making a little more sense to me thanks to you all.
My situation is this... September 18th we are getting married, we will fill out all the paperwork and provide all possible documentations at this time. Once the marriage certificate is received i will courier all we have. We are choosing the Outland application as this will allow her to go back to USA and finish up all her affairs there. Once her police clearance is available we can also courier that information in. My fiance does not have any criminal record so I do not see why it would take too long to complete.

Our wedding is going to be a very small and intimate ceremony, less than 10 people will be there. This being because most of our support comes from her side of the family. my friends and parents will be there but we will be doing many photos and although there will only be 10 people I am going to wear my wedding dress and go dancing after and everything. I am really very excited!!

Being that this is such a small wedding will that affect the application? I would assume it wouldn't as we will be taking a lot of pictures and we are making a big deal of it despite the fact it will be such a small group.

Thank you all for helping me through this!
My wedding was slightly bigger at 30 people, but I don't think that they will deny you because you only have 10! I only sent one or two wedding photos, actually. The bulk of my proof was the three years worth of skype logs that I printed out. :p When I applied I was worried that is was too soon after the marriage for them to believe it was genuine, but I didn't have an issue with that at all. :)

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
My fiance has visited an FBI approved channeler and completed the finger printing process. She has already got the results back (took less than 24hrs) they sent an electronic letter from the FBI with her search results. My question is regarding her address. The address on her search is from a previous address because she recently moved to a new town and her license still says her previous address. Will this cause any concerns or delays in her process? Her social security number would; of course, not have changed and her drivers license shows the same address as the record.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
cpeters8604 said:
My fiance has visited an FBI approved channeler and completed the finger printing process. She has already got the results back (took less than 24hrs) they sent an electronic letter from the FBI with her search results. My question is regarding her address. The address on her search is from a previous address because she recently moved to a new town and her license still says her previous address. Will this cause any concerns or delays in her process? Her social security number would; of course, not have changed and her drivers license shows the same address as the record.
The address is not an issue. From her fingerprints they can find any record, regardless of the address.

What IS an issue is that an FBI approved channeler was used to send the results to the FBI and get the results. I'm 99% certain that CIC will not accept this. They want an original letter sent from the FBI and the usual way is to get the prints done and then you yourself mail it to the FBI (with the filled out form) and then wait 4-6 weeks (average) to get the letter from them directly.

See a related thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t135369.0.html

At least this is how is was, I don't know if thing have changed but I haven't heard anything regarding any changes...

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
Ok so what is the right way to do this? can she go to a local police station to get her prints done then she mails to the FBI? What exactly should be stated on the letter to the FBI? Does she need a special FBI print card? The cic website gives an FBI link but the link just goes to the FBI website's home page not to where the forms are. Then the only other option is to mail the FBI wait for their card/form then mail them back? The CIC website can be very confusing and not all the answers are clearly stated. I've browsed the site over and over and over again and dont want to spend 1000+ for an Immigration lawyer just for a simple question.

Thanks for any advice or direction you may provide.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
These are the steps my wife used:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

I was looking around to see if CIC updated their procedure so you can use a channeler. Haven't found anything yet.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Also, my wife with to a professional fingerprinting place to get her prints. She first tried the police station but the quality was not so great (she has dry hands). A professional place had better equipment to get good quality prints.

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
Hello and thank you so much Keesio. I'll have my fiance print them off and get the ball rolling on that asap. Really thank you You just saved me a lot of hassle and potentially delayed application so thank you again!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
cpeters8604 said:
Hello and thank you so much Keesio. I'll have my fiance print them off and get the ball rolling on that asap. Really thank you You just saved me a lot of hassle and potentially delayed application so thank you again!
No worries! I know how you feel, My wife almost used a channeler also. We were going to take a chance that CIC would accept it because we wanted to send out the application ASAP. But everyone was saying it is better to be patient and play it safe.

Also another tip - my wife got two sets of fingerprints and sent in both. We did that because her fingertips are in a bit rough shape and her ridges are a bit worn down so it is tough to get clean clear prints from her. So we decided that she get them done twice and between the two sets, the FBI can get a good reading (if one finger came out bad on one set, they can try the same finger on the other set). Nothing is worse than waiting a month to get your letter only to find out that they couldn't get a good read and please send in another set of prints!!!