Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hi all pleas someone help me
I am 32 years old, From Sri Lanka.
I have applied for student visa to Canada in 2020, visa got refused twice, for same program and same course. Reason = Course irrelavent. Again I have applied this year January 2022 again recieved the visa refusal in April for same reason mentioned in GCMS note.

I am planning to apply again for a new program. Now my problem is my country facing economy crisis from last March. People are discouraging me that not to apply for visa, if I applied, they will refuse again because of my country's economy situation. Is that true? Do they refuse my visa because of my country's economy situation? I am trying to get this study permit from 2020, economy crisis hit the country this year.

Please guide me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all pleas someone help me
I am 32 years old, From Sri Lanka.
I have applied for student visa to Canada in 2020, visa got refused twice, for same program and same course. Reason = Course irrelavent. Again I have applied this year January 2022 again recieved the visa refusal in April for same reason mentioned in GCMS note.

I am planning to apply again for a new program. Now my problem is my country facing economy crisis from last March. People are discouraging me that not to apply for visa, if I applied, they will refuse again because of my country's economy situation. Is that true? Do they refuse my visa because of my country's economy situation? I am trying to get this study permit from 2020, economy crisis hit the country this year.

Please guide me
Yes, a country's economic situation can be a reason for refusal. It sounds like you have three refusals already. If that's the case, you will want to make sure you put together an extremely strong application if you are applying again.

What is the new program and school? What is your previous education and work experience?

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
I am a Hospitality management graduate. I have worked as Reservation sales agent from 2010 to 2014, done my advanced diploma in 2016 ( 2 years) because of my father's treatment took break from studies and started to work in a restaurant as a restaurant operations manager. In 2020 with my advanced diploma qualifications my agent applied for a Bachelor program in Tourism, recieved 2 refusals in 2020. In 2021 I have completed my degree 3rd year ( lateral entry) and applied for Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management. Again recieved a refusal for the 3rd time. Still working in same resataurent ( family owned business) but owner is my brother.

Now I am planning to apply for 1 year PG in Entrepreneurship or Food Tourism. I have the sufficient fund for the stay in my Canada including 1 year tuition fees.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a Hospitality management graduate. I have worked as Reservation sales agent from 2010 to 2014, done my advanced diploma in 2016 ( 2 years) because of my father's treatment took break from studies and started to work in a restaurant as a restaurant operations manager. In 2020 with my advanced diploma qualifications my agent applied for a Bachelor program in Tourism, recieved 2 refusals in 2020. In 2021 I have completed my degree 3rd year ( lateral entry) and applied for Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management. Again recieved a refusal for the 3rd time. Still working in same resataurent ( family owned business) but owner is my brother.

Now I am planning to apply for 1 year PG in Entrepreneurship or Food Tourism. I have the sufficient fund for the stay in my Canada including 1 year tuition fees.
What are your reasons for wanting to come all the way to Canada to study? I'm not sure I understand how changing you planned program of study makes your application any stronger.

In terms of funds, I think you would want to show that you not only have enough money to pay for your stay in Canada and 1 year of tuition fees, but that you have well above that in savings. Otherwise coming all the way to Canada and spending all of your savings on this probably won't make sense to the visa officer, especially given the economic conditions in your country.