+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apartment Hunting for Job in Downtown Toronto

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
I'm moving to canada in January first week and will be employed in Downtown Toronto near Union Station with annual salary of 100K pre tax.

Considering this, I have sidelined approx 4K for our monthly expenses (me & my spouse). This would mean to find an apartment for rent upto 2K per month. Can someone suggest which areas I should search apartments for easy public transport commute to Downtown. I am not looking to own a car for a.considerable period of time as well.
Also, how much is tentative cost of initial formalities while moving into an apartment in canada? Like ive heard most apartments will be unfurnished, so furniture etc wud be required.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm moving to canada in January first week and will be employed in Downtown Toronto near Union Station with annual salary of 100K pre tax.

Considering this, I have sidelined approx 4K for our monthly expenses (me & my spouse). This would mean to find an apartment for rent upto 2K per month. Can someone suggest which areas I should search apartments for easy public transport commute to Downtown. I am not looking to own a car for a.considerable period of time as well.
Also, how much is tentative cost of initial formalities while moving into an apartment in canada? Like ive heard most apartments will be unfurnished, so furniture etc wud be required.
Availability is likely going to limit your options. Toronto has low vacancy rates and January is not a popular time to move. Would look at rentals around each subway station. Viewit.ca lists a lot of the apartment buildings that were built in the 60s/70s. Would suggest looking around Yonge and davisville or Yonge and Eglington. There are quite a lot of rental towers and low rises around there. You can also look around Yonge and Wellesley. Would avoid rentals around Sherbourne. It gets a little less safe around there.

Reactions: runofthemill

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

You can get an apt in your budget at 123 or 126 Bellamy Road North. You could survive easily without car for long as you wish as very very transit friendly location. You will have a GO station opp your apt wherein u will get a single direct train to Union station within 4 or 5 stops. Excellent place to start up. I am living close to this area since last 8 yrs and giving you the feedback based on my experience.
https://www.betterlivinghomes.ca/apartments/bellamy-towers/

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
You can find an older 1 bedroom apartment on the subway line for that much money, but expect a basic, no-frills apartment (no dishwasher or in-unit laundry). In your place, I'd look into an apartment on subway line 1, Around Yonge/Eglinton or Yonge/St.Clair subway stations.