+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone obtained USA immigrant visa through Montreal Consulate?

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Dear fellow forum members,

I had recently received EB1A 140 approval. Based on the slow processing time of 485 at Texas center, I decided to go to Montreal Consulate to apply for an immigrant visa since my Canadian PR card expires on Nov 2021. Does anyone in the forum obtain USA immigrant visa through Montreal Consulate?

I am a bit confused about the Candian police certificate. I lived in Vancouver before I moved to USA on H1B last Sep. The Vancouver police department says they require "documents from the government or an organization that clearly explains whether you require a fingerprint search through RCMP in Ottawa (see Fingerprinting Service) or a Police Information Check conducted by the local police agency where you previously resided (i.e. Vancouver)". Should I request such a letter from national visa center or from Montreal Consulate?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I got my L1B visa from Montreal. There is no requirement for RCMP fingerprints for US visa processing.
His post is about getting immigrant visa aka green card through consular processing (instead of filing i485). Similar to Canadian PR, I believe PCCs are one of the requirement for green card too.

OP , it is unlikely you get an answer for this from anyone here. Most of them applying for Canadian PR with H1b are from backlogged Indian backlogged EB2 and EB3 community who are expected to have decade long wait, and even in that the sample set opting for consular processing is super small.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

marksa

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

Please are you able to get the answer to your question?
I also called the Vancouver police but was told you must reside in Vancouver to be issued the police information check, so alternatively you will have to go get the Police certificate- there is a process how to go about this on RCMP website.
But if you live in Canada, just walk into a police station- local office and get a police information check based on data based search and not fingerprint.
BTW, is there an option to ask for a consulate interview different from Montreal or that's the only location that handles immigrant visa in Canada?

Many thanks

Dear fellow forum members,

I had recently received EB1A 140 approval. Based on the slow processing time of 485 at Texas center, I decided to go to Montreal Consulate to apply for an immigrant visa since my Canadian PR card expires on Nov 2021. Does anyone in the forum obtain USA immigrant visa through Montreal Consulate?

I am a bit confused about the Candian police certificate. I lived in Vancouver before I moved to USA on H1B last Sep. The Vancouver police department says they require "documents from the government or an organization that clearly explains whether you require a fingerprint search through RCMP in Ottawa (see Fingerprinting Service) or a Police Information Check conducted by the local police agency where you previously resided (i.e. Vancouver)". Should I request such a letter from national visa center or from Montreal Consulate?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Montreal is the only place to handle USA immigrant visa.

I live in USA and recently got my RCMP report using https://www.commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca/pages/services-en/fingerprinting-and-identification/international-fingerprinting/

Hello,

Please are you able to get the answer to your question?
I also called the Vancouver police but was told you must reside in Vancouver to be issued the police information check, so alternatively you will have to go get the Police certificate- there is a process how to go about this on RCMP website.
But if you live in Canada, just walk into a police station- local office and get a police information check based on data based search and not fingerprint.
BTW, is there an option to ask for a consulate interview different from Montreal or that's the only location that handles immigrant visa in Canada?

Many thanks