+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone had somebody else move the 'list of goods to follow'?

Francis123

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Waived
File Transfer...
16-12-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
01-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2011!!!
Hi, I am hoping that my in-laws can cross the border with my goods to follow this summer. Is it a problem if I give them the B4 form even though my husband
(sponsor) nor I can be with them? Will they be refused to take the small trailer of goods in because I'm not there? Anyone else tried this?

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
You need to be present in order to clear the good through the custums

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see your VO is Buffalo so I am assuming your in the states? We used ABF U pack and packed our things in their cube. They cross over the border with your goods to follow list. They call you when its at their warehouse. You can store it also at their warehouse for a monthly fee of course. Before you can pick your things up you have to go to customs to clear it. They look over the goods to follow and stamp it and they faxed over the paperwork to the warehouse. Pros are you get your things across the border. Cons are you or someone else will have to load the cube. Also they will bring the cube in some areas and drop it off at your residence but this is not all areas. So there is a chance that you will have to get a U haul like we did and go to the warehouse and load the U haul with your things then drive to your home and unload it. It worked for us and it would be a way to get your things into the country without actually being there. They do need a copy of your visa from your passport and you would have to sign the form. If you do go this route a word of caution if your married your spouse needs to be with you and show passport as well as yourself in order to clear the goods. It to my knowledge does not say this BUT in Calgary the officer was very nasty and demanded to see my husbands passport which we did not bring. She threatened to make us go 3 hours back to get it before releasing the goods. She did let us go but she was not very nice!

S

SaugaBoss

i asked th border and customs people if my mom could and they said as long as she had the original document she can,