+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone done photos at home and submitted to a Online Photo service ?

Apr 27, 2017
Hi,

We are in the US and have not been able to find a photographer/photo studio that is willing to do the Canadian Citizenship measurements....

Has anyone taken their Canadian Citizenship photo at home and used one of the online services to format them? I am considering using this service but wonder if CIC will accept it. Did the company write their info at the back of the photos, or did you do it yourself? If you wrote it yourself, what did you write on the back of the photo? Who did you indicate as photographer name and address?

Thanks for your help!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You have to meet the specifications either way.
If you live near the border, try crossing into Canada and get it done here.

Most people just get it done through local photographer in Canada.
I'm not sure if there are any services that offer to do that online. Haven't heard of any yet.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
NewCanadian123 said:
Hi,

We are in the US and have not been able to find a photographer/photo studio that is willing to do the Canadian Citizenship measurements....

Has anyone taken their Canadian Citizenship photo at home and used one of the online services to format them? I am considering using this service but wonder if CIC will accept it. Did the company write their info at the back of the photos, or did you do it yourself? If you wrote it yourself, what did you write on the back of the photo? Who did you indicate as photographer name and address?

Thanks for your help!

I have done photo for my PR Card renewal in a different country and CIC accepted is as normal. On the back they wrote their name and address by pen and enclosed their business card.