+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone arrived in Canada with WP under SUV and form a company!

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
I have a question about establishing the company in Canada, I got the WP and haven't made the trip yet.
I emailed IRCC for authorization letter, and got a response that I am exempt. But I wonder if airport officer would ask for a company activity or so?
also when I need establish the company, is it true I will need a PR resident or Canadian on board to activate it and start working? What's the point of the WP if this is mandatory!

Any experience for such a thing?

it9hk

Mar 20, 2021
When you apply authorization letter, do you need to provide a quarantine plan?

Requirement of having a PR as director varies across province. Some said Ontario require one while BC doesn’t. I would suggest consulting your lawyer on the company structure.

Reactions: Fargoloz

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
I have a question about establishing the company in Canada, I got the WP and haven't made the trip yet.
I emailed IRCC for authorization letter, and got a response that I am exempt. But I wonder if airport officer would ask for a company activity or so?
also when I need establish the company, is it true I will need a PR resident or Canadian on board to activate it and start working? What's the point of the WP if this is mandatory!

yes, I landed Canada as your case. As long as you are indicated as an essential person of the startup, they will accept you boarding and landing. So, dont worry about that

Reactions: Fargoloz

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
yes, I landed Canada as your case. As long as you are indicated as an essential person of the startup, they will accept you boarding and landing. So, dont worry about that
Thank you so much.

have you managed to incorporate a company and open a bank account? Before or after landing?

appreciate the reply

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Thank you so much.

have you managed to incorporate a company and open a bank account? Before or after landing?

appreciate the reply
You can do them after or before landing, both are ok. Mine were done before landing. my designed incubator's legal department helped me to do that.

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021

For BC you don’t need any inland partner. no need to establish company before move too.
Once you are arrived in Canada, you can incorporate your company.
which province r u planning to move?
Would like to connect as I am in the same boat.
Thanks

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
For BC you don’t need any inland partner. no need to establish company before move too.
Once you are arrived in Canada, you can incorporate your company.
which province r u planning to move?
Would like to connect as I am in the same boat.
Thanks
Ontario! and it seems impossible to establish a company without these terms.