+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone applies for Nexus card right after landing

mermer

Jun 6, 2014
Hello,

anyone applies for Nexus after right landing on H1b visa or F1 OPT?

I'm currently working in Detroit. I want to apply for nexus, my F1 visa has expired, but my F1 opt has several months left, can I apply for Nexus with OPT EAD card and without renew the F1 visa?
anyone has the same situation? please share your experience.

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
i dont think you can apply for nexus unless u have PR or GC or citizen of US or Canada.
i want to apply too...but i am US at the moment.....so when i go to Canada i will apply..

mermer

Jun 6, 2014
aashay12 said:
i dont think you can apply for nexus unless u have PR or GC or citizen of US or Canada.
i want to apply too...but i am US at the moment.....so when i go to Canada i will apply..
I know I need the pr card to apply for the nexus. my question is, I can apply for the nexus after I get Canada pr card, and I live in us side not Canada, and my F1 is expired, but my OPT ead card is still valid. Do I have to renew the F1 visa to apply for the nexus?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
mermer said:
I know I need the pr card to apply for the nexus. my question is, I can apply for the nexus after I get Canada pr card, and I live in us side not Canada, and my F1 is expired, but my OPT ead card is still valid. Do I have to renew the F1 visa to apply for the nexus?
@mermer: What did you do?