+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any1 from Mumbai, India? Applied for PCC recently??

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello, I will be at score 422 after June 6 changes, so expecting ITA in next 2-3 draws. Just trying to get all documents ready till then.

Can someone who recently has got PCC from Mumbai advise the procedure? My passport is 5 years old.
I read few post and confused to get it done from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) or from Maharashtra Police website?

Also PCC is valid for 6 months or 1 years?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello, I will be at score 422 after June 6 changes, so expecting ITA in next 2-3 draws. Just trying to get all documents ready till then.

Can someone who recently has got PCC from Mumbai advise the procedure? My passport is 5 years old.
I read few post and confused to get it done from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) or from Maharashtra Police website?

Many thanks in advance!
Get it from PSK and its valid for 6 months for your current country of residence.

Reactions: ShahidF

sbrs2010

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCC is valid for six months so it's better to get it done just before you submit your application to CIC. After ITA you have three months time to submit documents, so it's better to hang on to medicals, PCC and POF until one week before applying.

Apply through PSK.

This is my suggestion, people may have different approach.

Reactions: ShahidF

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Brother PCC from a PSK is advisable as the process is quite smooth. I myself visited PSK today itself in Lucknow. And they told me pick up the PCC by 3 in noon. Maybe since my passport is just about 1.4 year's old.

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I went at 3 and collected my PCC, so its roughly a half day process.

patel.jeetesh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-02-2017

Many thanks in advance!
Get PCC from PSK...
Validity of PCC is 6 Months

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I went at 3 and collected my PCC, so its roughly a half day process.
I have booked an appointment for tommorow at the PSK nearest to my place.

As per your post, if they give you the PCC on the same day, it has to be collected from the PSK or the local police station?

Last edited:

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I have booked an appointment for tommorow at the PSK nearest to my place.

As per your post, if they give you the PCC on the same day, it has to be collected from the PSK or the local police station?
from PSK itself.

Apr 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

So i had a passport done via Tatkaal. Needless to say PSK in Lower Parel refused to give me a PCC as i had updated my address recently. The day i was refused the PCC, I immediately when to the local police station. They sent a constable the same day and i filled my forms the next day. Now they are saying that the papers have been sent to Crawford Market and once they sent an SMS, I can take the SMS and get the PCC.

Now here is the real problem- I have already received my ITA and my deadline to submit is 25th April,2018. I know CIC has very clearly mentioned that if the PCC documents come through on time, we can upload proofs such as payment of fee receipt and acknowledgment letter. Since these are PCC documents, I have read that CIC is very strict on these matters and may still reject my application despite submitting proofs.

Has anyone else been in the same situation as I have been? Would like to know your experiences? What are my other options?