+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

Suraj18

Nov 11, 2018
Charley! Why a Diploma after a Bachelor, why not Masters or PGD/C? The choice of program you opt for would be a red flag if you can't convincingly explain to the VO on why such choice. If you can convince the VO with writing a good constructive SOP then you is good but it would be tedious and feasible.

Also, you will be needing that police clearance given you stay in a foreign country against any form of criminality or inadmissibility
Hahhaah but I need the technical skills.

Suraj18

Nov 11, 2018
Any updates on the Ghanaians front?....applied on 6th May and haven't received any yet, a friend who applied on 29th April got a medical request just this Friday......
Brother, I’m about to apply for my Canadian student visa online.do you think it’s a good idea to submit it online or through the VAC especially for Ghanaians ?

Suraj18

Nov 11, 2018
Hello guys, do I need to include the back side of my passport picture (with my name and date inscripted on it) when submitting an online student visa?

Suraj18

Nov 11, 2018
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

If you have submitted your original passport to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) with your application, please note that it will be returned to you by the VAC within a few days.

Sincerely,

IRCC Accra
Canadian High Commission
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana
www.cic.gc.ca

deetuff

Jul 13, 2019
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

If you have submitted your original passport to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) with your application, please note that it will be returned to you by the VAC within a few days.

Sincerely,

IRCC Accra
Canadian High Commission
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana
www.cic.gc.ca
Do you have a number I can whatsapp you on?

Michael2019

Jul 19, 2019
Anyone in Nigeria or Ghana applying for a study permit for fall 2017? Lets network any share info. I just read the visa is taking 17 weeks in 9ja and 20 weeks in Ghana...
Hello,
I don't think that information is accurate in Ghana. A friend just had her study permit application completed and visa granted in 5 weeks. And another has just been asked to do medicals in just 3 weeks of submitting application.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
I don't think that information is accurate in Ghana. A friend just had her study permit application completed and visa granted in 5 weeks. And another has just been asked to do medicals in just 3 weeks of submitting application.
Hello Michael2019,

If you read closely, you will see that the post is from 2017.