+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any idea, on best way to learn how to do bookkeeping for small business?

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I am planning to learn bookkeeping for my own company, and learn payroll, accounting, taxes, etc. I saw, that seneca college, george brown have courses for bookkeeping but, it seems like I have to do one course Accounting 1, for 4 months, then do Accounting 2 for 4 months next semester and so on. Now, as I don't want to work as book keeper for anyone else, and this is not licensed field, I just want to learn it for my own sake. Is there any online MOOC course, which can be taken right away?
Government of canada, really needs to provide resources for individuals to open business and learn stuff on the go.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about go to your local library to borrow books about bookkeeping and/or accounting? Or check out books at Indigo or other bookstores? Or order books on amazon?

Reactions: pulkitkumar190

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am planning to learn bookkeeping for my own company, and learn payroll, accounting, taxes, etc. I saw, that seneca college, george brown have courses for bookkeeping but, it seems like I have to do one course Accounting 1, for 4 months, then do Accounting 2 for 4 months next semester and so on. Now, as I don't want to work as book keeper for anyone else, and this is not licensed field, I just want to learn it for my own sake. Is there any online MOOC course, which can be taken right away?
Government of canada, really needs to provide resources for individuals to open business and learn stuff on the go.
Education and small business isn’t a GOC issue. It is within the jurisdiction of the provincial government. So look at the small business resources under the BC provincial website.

SusanHansen

Apr 28, 2022
You may just read some books. "Bookkeeping All-in-One For Dummies" is suitable for beginners. By the way, I recently started to listen to books. It might be more comfortable if you have business and less time. I'm listening to this resource https://freebooksummary.com/category/the-fire-next-time (that's my favorite book now). I respect your point about the government, but I can't entirely agree with it. Learning stuff on the go might be dangerous for your business.

Last edited:

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
I agree with you. CRA is encourged to provide guides and/ or videos. My friend told me he used Udemy and similar websites to learn many business related courses.