+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any chance at all of getting a Vistor's Visa?

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
As my Thai wife is in the process of applying for RP is there any chance at all she would be approved for a Visitor's Visa while this is going on? We found a house in BC we both really love from the pics and my brother who lives in BC has done a look see for us and we got very positive reviews about the stuff that mattered to us so we were hoping to pop over for a couple of weeks to see it up close and personal and if all it right put an offer in.. not sure if it matters but my wife has received Visitor visas twice in the past but of course both well before we started the RP process. If it is like a massively small chance I won't bother wasting the effort to go through the process and go on my own but would prefer she come along for obvious reasons..

Thoughts?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I'm sort of on the fence. The fact that she's been approved twice already would count in her favour, as obviously, she's had the chance before to overstay and not done so, so they should have no arguments against giving her a third.

On the other hand, you might find yourself with an IO thinking your wife is trying to "jump the queue" by going around the PR process by applying for another TRV when she's in process for a couple months already.

I wouldn't say a small chance, I'd say 50-50 depending on the officer.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I say go for it. I know of a few couples (applying through the Santo Domingo office in Dominican Republic) who have recently received TRVs while their PR is in process. They had received TRVs before and were given them again even though they were in process now for PR. Make sure your wife still submits all the proof she did in the past to prove that she will return to her country when her time on the visitors visa is up.
Good luck! I definitely think it's worth a try.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I think it is worth a try too, given that she has received TRVs in the past. Usually such applications are refused, but that is in cases where the PR applicant has never been to Canada before.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Thanks everyone the "go for its" win.. we will apply for the TRV this week and see how it goes...did I mention we really really wanna get that house haha.. perfect location on paper and what we know of the area from visiting and my brother lives not too far away and a great catchment for schools.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good luck with the TRV and snagging the dream house! :)

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
CharlieD10 said:
Good luck with the TRV and snagging the dream house! :)
This is the stuff that I HATE about gov't workers. Just for the hell of it we popped into the Bangkok Canadian Embassy to give them a heads up on what we were hoping to do and see their opinion before we wasted too much time on it and last time we gave them a TON of paper to prove we were established in Bangkok and would be coming back, home ownership, business ownership, cars etc..etc...

So we were just started asking and the women stopped us and asked if we were currently in the process of applying for a RP, we of course replied yes filed in Feb. Her reply "you have snowflake chance in hell"

Even though she has been twice and came back even though we still have all the things here that we would not just walk away from, house business car etc..etc.. and even though we said we would take the shortest time frame they would offer the women in the Embassy told us we can apply if we want but very very unlikely we would get given the current circumstances...

Sounds like somebody made their mind up well before seeing one shred of documentation...

I'm gonna apply anyway and be a thorn in their sides and see how it goes hahahaha.. I do love a challenge..

Oh and thanks I do want that house... hope it hangs around a bit longer been on the market a while so hopeful nothing will happen too quickly on it out of the blue.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
At least she was honest with you. What I didn't like when my husband applied for a TRV to visit Canada was that actually he had no chance of getting one (I know that now, but certainly didn't then), but when I asked in the visa office if he had a chance, all they would say was apply and see. So we applied, paid the $100, and were rejected that day.
When we applied for a tourist visa for Ghana, the embassy was a shambles, everything was so disorganized, no one seemed to be doing anything, and the workers seemed very unprofessional. But before we paid, one of them looked over our papers, said we would never get a visa with that, and told us how to fix it. We did what he said, then paid, and were accepted. So really, I can't help thinking the unprofessional, disorganized embassy actually treated us better and gave better service.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
canadianwoman said:
At least she was honest with you. What I didn't like when my husband applied for a TRV to visit Canada was that actually he had no chance of getting one (I know that now, but certainly didn't then), but when I asked in the visa office if he had a chance, all they would say was apply and see. So we applied, paid the $100, and were rejected that day.
When we applied for a tourist visa for Ghana, the embassy was a shambles, everything was so disorganized, no one seemed to be doing anything, and the workers seemed very unprofessional. But before we paid, one of them looked over our papers, said we would never get a visa with that, and told us how to fix it. We did what he said, then paid, and were accepted. So really, I can't help thinking the unprofessional, disorganized embassy actually treated us better and gave better service.
I think I'm in the middle because the so called organized Canadian Embassy didn't even look over the history or documents, just at face value stating we were doing a RP decided we would be turned down.. if they had done as the Ghana one did and looked everything over first and said no way ok I can accept that... we will see.