+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any affect of EI(employment insurance) on PR application

mabrar

Feb 6, 2012
Hi Guys,
I have a question related to on going issue of COVID-19. I have submitted my PR application documents in the start of March 2020. My application is in process. Due to current situation company is going to layoff employees and shutdown plant for few weeks. In this scenario, If i apply for EI (employment insurance) will it make problem in PR application. Is there any link between EI and PR application?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,
I have a question related to on going issue of COVID-19. I have submitted my PR application documents in the start of March 2020. My application is in process. Due to current situation company is going to layoff employees and shutdown plant for few weeks. In this scenario, If i apply for EI (employment insurance) will it make problem in PR application. Is there any link between EI and PR application?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
No.

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
I mailed my PR application under PNP and IRCC received it last week. Unfortunately, I was laid off on the same day. I have same situation with you. Would like to know too. Cheers!

mabrar

Feb 6, 2012
I mailed my PR application under PNP and IRCC received it last week. Unfortunately, I was laid off on the same day. I have same situation with you. Would like to know too. Cheers!
so did you get any further update on your application? is it going to make any difference in the application process or any chance of objection just because of layoff?

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
so did you get any further update on your application? is it going to make any difference in the application process or any chance of objection just because of layoff?
Hi there,
Nuh~ I haven't heard anything back yet. However, I did apply for EI before I searched for the information. I don't know what's gonna happen in the end. Finger crossed.