+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another Question

rmahnke

Feb 18, 2010
I'm sponsoring my commonlaw husband and have a bit of a sideeye at the part where they want my past financial information. I have no bad credit or social assistance or anything like that, but I went from student to overseas traveller and just got back home, so my last years tax record will be at most, 2 g. I know it states that the application will not be affected by how much I earn, but is that followed through in actuality?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Yes, that is followed through in actuality. There are no minimum income requirements for sponsoring a spouse, dependent child or common-law partner. You should, however, be able to demonstrate that you have a job and are capable of supporting your spouse when they come to Canada - otherwise they will look to the applicant for indication that they are "willing and able" to support themself and this is entirely subjective as they ask for no information that would give them any ability at all to assess an applicant's qualifications or employment suitability. These aps, then, can be refused under paragraph 39 of the IRPA, for failure to prove adequate arrangements.