+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An International Student in Quebec who just received CoPR from FSW Program!

Kareadid

Jan 21, 2015
Hi There,

I am a Ph.D. student at a university in Quebec. I applied for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) in 2014 and finally I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residency today (I do not have a CSQ from Quebec). Regarding landing procedure and obtaining Permanent Residency I have following questions and I would be grateful if you can give me some advices:

1. Before landing procedure do I HAVE TO WITHDRAW from my study in Quebec and then do the landing?

2. Is there any way that I can get my PR and finish my study in Quebec and then move to another province?

Thank you so much in advance.
I hope that someone could give me some advice.
K.

Kareadid

Jan 21, 2015
Hi there,
No one helped me here and I went to a border crossing on my own. I could not convince the officer that I am living outside of Quebec. I have to get a lease, telephone number, and a new driver's license to be able to prove that I am not in Quebec anymore. I can do the landing one more time. I recommend everyone not to take the risk i took. Please make sure that you are outside of Quebec and have enough proofs that you do not want to go back to Quebec for now. Then you can do the landing.:)
Kareadid

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience and sorry that no one was able to guide you.

Kareadid

Jan 21, 2015
My last post here.

The second officer did every single step to label me for misrepresentation. Checking all of my documents, withdrawal from university in Quebec, my financial documents,.... everything.

He told me that he can not land me and he is going to deport me....

After 4 hours because he really could not prove that I am in residing in Quebec anymore or I have the intention to go back to Quebec, he called me and landed me.

Please take your time, cut all of your ties with Quebec first, move outside Quebec, get a lease, change all of your documents to the destination province and then GO FOR LANDING!

That was a very stressful and bad experience for me landing.

I am happy that I finally landed.

I hope it does not happen for anyone else.:)

aneeshv

Oct 26, 2017
Hey there!
Ours is a similar case! Fsw residing in Montreal. Did you do a border crossing in Quebec or in Toronto??Is it that difficult to convince them that you are planning to shift outside Quebec
Please if you could answer and help me out