+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An incubator is threatening to pull the letter of support in case of not paying

A9star

Mar 25, 2021
Can the incubator pull the letter of support while the application is still under process and causes the refusal of your application because of this ,or it can't control this after you already have an application number and the process is moving?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Can the incubator pull the letter of support while the application is still under process and causes the refusal of your application because of this ,or it can't control this after you already have an application number and the process is moving?
When you join the incubator, there are terms and conditions you sign. If you breach their terms, they can stop supporting your application.

Reactions: scylla

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Even after you Got your COPR ?
That depends, if they are determined to take you down then they can report to IRCC and argue that your PR application was baseless since certain terms of the contract has been breached. That's what I would do anyway.

Reactions: scylla

A9star

Mar 25, 2021
The incubator has already taken alot of money till now because it is paid monthly ,and the application process seems to be taking longer and longer. Till now I am not asked to do the medical. So is it logic to keep paying and being black mailed in a process which has no time limit

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
The incubator has already taken alot of money till now because it is paid monthly ,and the application process seems to be taking longer and longer. Till now I am not asked to do the medical. So is it logic to keep paying and being black mailed in a process which has no time limit
Take your contract to a lawyer and see if there's any room for maneuver. Keep asking the same question here ain't gonna get you different answers. At least not the one you are looking for.

A9star

Mar 25, 2021
I am not trying to ask the same question ,I am trying to see similar cases or experienced persons who may not have a conflict of interest

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
You’re not understanding the point here. Incubators follow what’s there in the contract. Blackmail is a strong word and you have to be certain that that’s actually the case. Why don’t you have a talk with your incubator and come to a mutual agreement.
If the incubator does any unfair action, you may report them and they’ll go through the government audit. Medical is not controlled by the incubator so you can’t blame them for your frustration. We don’t know the terms of the contract between you and your incubator so none can advise you without knowing the whole story. I think you have to be patient and let the things come to you. Lastly, if you spoil the relationship now, you may have to restart the process, which is even more painful.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
I want to believe you had an agreement or signed a contract based on the previously 16 months processing time. Nobody saw covid 19 coming. Most applications that were submitted from dec 2019/ jan 2020 haven't been called for medicals. Thats not your incubators fault. I know some incubators require you to pay monthly till you get the PR but that was pre covid when processing time was between 12 to 16months. Now if that is the case then I think the best thing to do is to really dialogue with them or get an immigration lawyer to look into it for you. I don't think they would expect you to keep paying for 31 months except there is a clause in your contract that states otherwise. Thats why its really necessary to have a lawyer run through a document before you put your signature especially something you aren't familiar with.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
You’re not understanding the point here. Incubators follow what’s there in the contract. Blackmail is a strong word and you have to be certain that that’s actually the case. Why don’t you have a talk with your incubator and come to a mutual agreement.
If the incubator does any unfair action, you may report them and they’ll go through the government audit. Medical is not controlled by the incubator so you can’t blame them for your frustration. We don’t know the terms of the contract between you and your incubator so none can advise you without knowing the whole story. I think you have to be patient and let the things come to you. Lastly, if you spoil the relationship now, you may have to restart the process, which is even more painful.
Exactly, he should just try and reach an agreement. Even if it means paying a lump sum and not monthly anymore. It might not be easy to get an incubator so easily again. Things are different now. A lot have changed.

vicky@uae

Jan 12, 2020
What about If your application is accepted and you got the COPR.do they still have any authority to affect you ?
what is the current status of your application?

Aroojhalepoto

May 10, 2021
Hi, can I have your contact number. I have a question. Thanks