+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

an immediate family member of temporary resident and authorization letter

mayanour

Nov 23, 2020
Hi,
my husband is working in Canada, he is not a PR or citizen. He is a temporary resident. In this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions/non-optional-non-discretionary.html

they talk that the family member of a temporary resident can travel to Canada if they prove that they coming for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You qualify for an exemption and are coming for a non‑discretionary purpose.
I think the union of the family is the non-discretionary purpose, my kids need their dad. we need to stay as a family is very difficult for us to stay separate all this time.
I read many messages in this forum about cases. they get refused and the reason is the purpose of travel is not considered as a non‑discretionary purpose.

for those who have the same situation and get an approved letter, how you convince them that the reason for travel is a non‑discretionary purpose.

thank you.

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
One of my friend who is in canada applied for letter of authorization and he got it in 5 days for her wife who is in india right now.