+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I in trouble? Should I stop working?

abhinavjain

Aug 30, 2023
My 1 year program just ended on 20th August this year and I have already applied for my second year program which should begin in January.
Now, I am aware that I can work full time as long as my next program is starting within 150 days.
But here's the issue, the program I applied to, I thought they accepted me, but instead they asked for portfolio (the mail said congratulations, so I thought I am good).
I have already submitted the portfolio and am waiting to hear back from them.
I am working full time, it's been 10 days since my program is completed, should I stop working?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My 1 year program just ended on 20th August this year and I have already applied for my second year program which should begin in January.
Now, I am aware that I can work full time as long as my next program is starting within 150 days.
But here's the issue, the program I applied to, I thought they accepted me, but instead they asked for portfolio (the mail said congratulations, so I thought I am good).
I have already submitted the portfolio and am waiting to hear back from them.
I am working full time, it's been 10 days since my program is completed, should I stop working?
Until you get admission to a program in January you risk not being compliant with the requirements to be able to work.