+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I in implied status after applied for BOWP?

Emwttz

May 20, 2013
My current closed WP will be expired in mid June.
I have applied for BOWP.
Does it mean that I will be in implied status after current WP expired?

Is the BOWP and my current WP the same catalogue as stated in the official web page?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Does anybody have the same experience?

I am just wondering if I can still work in June to July as my current offer is due on mid of July. Previously I knew that with an extension application of the current WP I can work for sure. But not sure for the BOWP scenario.

Thanks!

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Emwttz said:
My current closed WP will be expired in mid June.
I have applied for BOWP.
Does it mean that I will be in implied status after current WP expired?

Is the BOWP and my current WP the same catalogue as stated in the official web page?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Does anybody have the same experience?

I am just wondering if I can still work in June to July as my current offer is due on mid of July. Previously I knew that with an extension application of the current WP I can work for sure. But not sure for the BOWP scenario.

Thanks!
Yes you are now on implied status, and you can continue to work until a decision is made on your BOWP.

katec101

Apr 16, 2014
Maybe slightly off topic, but I need some insight/advice... My PR application has been sent back to me because my credit card number was invalid... my current work permit expires on June 11 so I am really pressed for time. Should I apply for my BOWP via mail and explain that I am waiting for my AOR (by the time someone looks at it, I will have my AOR anyway... How can I still keep on working? I am confused about this implied status? Do I have to tell anyone that I am on implied status or what? argh

thanks for any info!! :)

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
katec101 said:
Maybe slightly off topic, but I need some insight/advice... My PR application has been sent back to me because my credit card number was invalid... my current work permit expires on June 11 so I am really pressed for time. Should I apply for my BOWP via mail and explain that I am waiting for my AOR (by the time someone looks at it, I will have my AOR anyway... How can I still keep on working? I am confused about this implied status? Do I have to tell anyone that I am on implied status or what? argh

thanks for any info!! :)
You can apply through post and you'll be in implied status till you get your BOWP approved. Generally you no need to inform to any one and can be continued in same job till the decision on your BOWP application. But your employer might ask for the new work permit to continue to work with them.