+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I Eligible ??

Mar 22, 2013
Hi,
My Profile
10th:91.14%
10+2:88.4%
B.Tech (C.S.E):69.70% (14 Backlogs,cleared in single attempt)
IELTS:7.0(No less than 6 in all)

Am i Eligible for Masters or SPP programs?.Please need ur suggestions.

Thanks in Advance. :)

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
u r Eligible. But if u need visa and PR go for masters.but if u r luzy guy like many others go to an agent and he will tell u to go to college for pg diploma in spp college.
If u need better future go for masters.
There is no difference b/w SPP AND UNIVERSITY.
....CHOOSE WICELY CHOOSE RIGHT....

Mar 22, 2013
Sandhu,
Thank you so much for the reply.I wanna do masters but iam afraid bout Visa nd getting admission coz of my backlogs. :/ :(

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
if u get addmission in good university then visa is not a problem at all.

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
YES.start looking for uni websites and if u want to apply for sept 13 intake apply asap.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
sandhuboy said:
YES.start looking for uni websites and if u want to apply for sept 13 intake apply asap.
Your profile is good. Go ahead with universities. But be aware you are late for admission and you need to hurry.

tiger007

Champion Member
PhanindraKumar said:
Hi,
My Profile
10th:91.14%
10+2:88.4%
B.Tech (C.S.E):69.70% (14 Backlogs,cleared in single attempt)
IELTS:7.0(No less than 6 in all)

Am i Eligible for Masters or SPP programs?.Please need ur suggestions.

Thanks in Advance. :)
Hi,

Having backlogs don't affect your chances for admission. For applicants from India, as long as you have minimum 60%-65% in the final 2 years of your B. Tech, you will be eligible to apply for a Master's degree in engineering in major public universities across Canada. You may choose to apply for a 1 year course based MEng. Or 2 years thesis bases/ research oriented Masters degree (where there is a higher probability of receiving scholarship and funding) .Not to mention you have a good academic record and decent IELTS score.
You should definitely apply for Master degree in C.S engineering at Canadian universities, and apply for visa under UNIVERSITY CATEGORY and NOT SPP. Most of SPP educational institutes are colleges offering diplomas or Bachelor degrees in C.S.
So, don't think on the basis of SPP, but focus on applying to university Master degrees under university category.

Most of Master degree programs in Canadian universities start in the Fall or Sept intake, and unfortunately the last date to apply for this year's Sept. intake is already long over. The deadline for applying to Sept. intake can be anywhere between Nov (of last year) to Feb(of that current year). You should try to find, if there are any universities accepting students in Jan intake, for which usually deadline is June of the preceding year.

Here's the list of all recognized educational institutes, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

You should go through the official websites of all major universities, visit the C.S department, and see if there are any universities who may accept applications for Jan 2014 intake, and email the university with your profile and interest to join the program. Or you may wait and apply for research programs by Nov. this year for Sept. 2014 intake.

For example, Univ. of Sasketechwan may accept applications for Masters degree in C.S starting Jan 2014. To know more see:
http://www.cs.usask.ca/gradstudies/programs/msc-requirements.php
http://www.cs.usask.ca/gradstudies/apply.php

To know more about University category visa see:
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Delhi_study_permit_eng.pdf

Best of Luck

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too