+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible for International Mobility Program (IMP)

Jan 7, 2023
I am a recent graduate from a Canadian university. After completing my graduation I had applied for PGWP and started working in a professional job. My employer was really happy with me. I worked there for 4 months until my PGWP application was refused due to a part time semester I had during my university. I have reapplied for PGWP with the help of a lawyer with an explanation letter and other documents but I had to leave my job immediately.

The waiting time for PGWP is around 6 months. My employer are willing to rehire me if I get a work permit but it is hard for them to wait 6 months which is understandable.

I was looking for other ways of getting work permit and came across International Mobility Program (IMP). My home country is Bangladesh.

Based on my situation, can I ask my employer to give me a job offer through the Canadian employer porter ?

Basically am I eligible for IMP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a recent graduate from a Canadian university. After completing my graduation I had applied for PGWP and started working in a professional job. My employer was really happy with me. I worked there for 4 months until my PGWP application was refused due to a part time semester I had during my university. I have reapplied for PGWP with the help of a lawyer with an explanation letter and other documents but I had to leave my job immediately.

The waiting time for PGWP is around 6 months. My employer are willing to rehire me if I get a work permit but it is hard for them to wait 6 months which is understandable.

I was looking for other ways of getting work permit and came across International Mobility Program (IMP). My home country is Bangladesh.

Based on my situation, can I ask my employer to give me a job offer through the Canadian employer porter ?

Basically am I eligible for IMP?
No, you are not eligible through IMP. Your employer needs to file for a LMIA as you are not eligible for an exemption. Once the file for LMIA (proving they could not hire a Canadian or PR), you wait for approval. Once approved, you apply for a closed work permit. Exemption is for those being transferred from a foreign office to a Canadian office, those eligible through Free Trade Agreements etc. List is in the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes.html

With part-time semester, you were rightly refused. May want to consider a Plan B if PGWP is refused again.