+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am i eligible for CEC

kydnet

Nov 28, 2008
Hi all,

I spent a continuous 4 semester to obtain a Master degree in a Canadian university. After that I went further to study in another Canadian University for another master degree . During the time I studies in the second university, I also worked as research assistant and teaching assistant, which could be account for part-time working experience. And the research assistant and teaching assistant are on the list of NOC. Till now, i have already been as research assistant for two years and as teaching assistant for 2 semesters.

I found most people who have similar experience apply federal skill worker successfully. But it takes longer time to process. So I am wondering whether i am eligible for apply Canadian experience class. One thing that I am confused is that whether my two year part-time research assistant can be accounted as one year full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada when applying for CEC?

Thank you for giving suggestions.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does say "one year of full-time (or equivalent) work experience" at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp so you might qualify. You should call CIC and ask them to make sure.