+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already Have PR, how do I know exactly where to move to?

Miss Ekua

Feb 19, 2020
Hi there,

I already got my PR and yet to migrate. I already have my PR card etc. Its just i want to know how to know where is best to move to? Also, is it easy to find jobs when one migrates? Where and how do i find a job? Please, any advice or help would really be appreciated!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe share your current work experience and type of job you are looking for given that could influence any answer. Most people on here will likely tell you it is not easy to find a job and maybe be prepared financially for a few months. Not always the case but be prepared for a long search and maybe even take on a job just to pay the bills.

Miss Ekua

Feb 19, 2020
Maybe share your current work experience and type of job you are looking for given that could influence any answer. Most people on here will likely tell you it is not easy to find a job and maybe be prepared financially for a few months. Not always the case but be prepared for a long search and maybe even take on a job just to pay the bills.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. Yes i think you are right. So I am a Mineral Engineer(Metallurgist/Processing/Manufacturing etc). But i understand that getting my dream job might take a while and might have to take on jobs just to pay bills and settle in,but would still have to be something descent. And also kinda confused as to where to decide to settle/stay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly getting a job in that field is tough. Not really a booming sector in Canada. Maybe NWT or Yukon. Basically you need to be very flexible and not set down roots until you get a job.