+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who applied or got their OCWP in march 2014

SKP1992

Mar 17, 2014
canada
Hello,

I need help applying for OCWP. I have a few questions:
1. Do i need an OCWP? I came in fall 2013 so obviously i have been here for over 6 months. Recent changes in laws give me the doubts as I heard some people say I dont need a OCWP to work outside the univeristy. How true is that?

2. If i wanted to apply online, there is no specific area which says OCWP or anything. The website is pretty useless for navigational purposes and looking for the right information is like searchibng for a needle in the haystack. Please tell me what should i apply for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chauhan1223

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
Hi,

Even I came in fall 2013 and yes we do require a OCWP. The new rules have been passed but would be implemented from June or July.

Secondly, you would have to create an account with my cic (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp?utm_source=immigration.gc.ca%2FMyCIC&utm_medium=URL_direct&utm_campaign=form-help) and then request for an EVN. It takes upto a week to get your EVN and then you can apply for OCWP.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The actual work permit arrived in the mail today. I'm getting up early to get my SIN.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank's sis.

I applied for evn march 1st, got it march 3rd and instantly applied for OCWP same day. That was approved march 12 and paper arrived march 18.