+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All the excitement about Testing but what about interview's?

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I know I sound like a broken record but, what about the INTERVIEW portion of the process? Nobody seems to remember that unless you are under 18 years old, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN INTERVIEW BEFORE YOU CAN TAKE THE CITIZENSHIP OATH.
So all those who are waiting for just the INTERVIEW are no further ahead, and those who have to take the test, well guess what, YOUR still no further along .

Reactions: piotrqc

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
The pressure group has given a deadline until January ... If nothing happens, they will resume their activities and their pressure, we will go to the street if necessary (I don't care if it is -30. .. and believe me, I am not the only one).

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
In the last week since the tests have been announced to resume I hardly see anyone receiving any invites. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most. So interviews are the next barrier, but this one seems yet to be passed. I have zero trust in IRCC now. So keep up the spirit, but I believe we are in for a looooooooooooooooong wait here

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
In the last week since the tests have been announced to resume I hardly see anyone receiving any invites. Maybe 1 or 2 at the most. So interviews are the next barrier, but this one seems yet to be passed. I have zero trust in IRCC now. So keep up the spirit, but I believe we are in for a looooooooooooooooong wait here
IRCC is moving toward digitization of more programs slowly.it is obvious you did not see many online test invitations yet because it was just launched recently,and there are plenty of hurdles along the way so be patient and relax.
we are in a pandemic and the health and safety of everyone is more important then processing your file so fast so you can be happy.
also the interview phase is not necessary to be in person,they can request more documents via email if something in your file is not clear.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
IRCC is moving toward digitization of more programs slowly.it is obvious you did not see many online test invitations yet because it was just launched recently,and there are plenty of hurdles along the way so be patient and relax.
we are in a pandemic and the health and safety of everyone is more important then processing your file so fast so you can be happy.
also the interview phase is not necessary to be in person,they can request more documents via email if something in your file is not clear.
Am I not patient and relaxed? I'm chill. Thinking of a new motto for IRCC. How about "Overpromise and Underdeliver"? Seems to be their business as usual

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Be patient and relax ? ...

Yes, until January maybe.

Believe me we'll make some noise ... Lots of noise if nothing moves. It is already planned.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Yeah...sorry but just doesn't work anymore. It's been 8 months since they shut down everything and they cannot keep playing the pandemic card for ever. you have guys studying medicine online, and you cannot take a 20 questions exam?
This is the problem: https://tnc.news/2020/12/02/federal-government-gave-employees-1-1-billion-in-paid-leave-during-pandemic/
That is 1.1 Bn paid by us to people to be sitting comfy at homes, while you have millions that need to go outside to work and pay taxes to maintain the status quo. This is Maslow Pyramid 101, while the government keep spending money on paid leaves, the issue would never be solved because it is more than obvious that nobody wants to go back to work in the middle of a pandemic if you are been paid at home. They had almost 9 months to figure a way out, and the haven't, and it seems to be that it will be a long waiting still... It is not about having done on process quick, it's just doing their job, they are public servants, they have a duty and a responsibility. At this moment, there are tens of thousands persons in the limbo right now.

Reactions: calgary1991

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Be patient and relax ? ...

Yes, until January maybe.

Believe me we'll make some noise ... Lots of noise if nothing moves. It is already planned.
Just like they planned online applications? Let’s protest that ASAP. We mustn’t wait until January ...let’s hit the streets and protest online apps.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Just like they planned online applications? Let’s protest that ASAP. We mustn’t wait until January ...let’s hit the streets and protest online apps.
moving toward digitization should make you happy..it looks like you want to protest just for the sake of protesting,weird!
did you realize governments are now dealing with a disastrous pandemic that shutters economies and killed so many,granting you citizenship is not a priority,simple as that..don't be selfish and have some respect for those working hard to keep the applications moving during this hard times.
if you qualify for an urgent processing ask for one if not again chill and enjoy life until your turn comes.

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
moving toward digitization should make you happy..it looks like you want to protest just for the sake of protesting,weird!
did you realize governments are now dealing with a disastrous pandemic that shutters economies and killed so many,granting you citizenship is not a priority,simple as that..don't be selfish and have some respect for those working hard to keep the applications moving during this hard times.
if you qualify for an urgent processing ask for one if not again chill and enjoy life until your turn comes.
I wish I can dislike your comments for tens of times. I’m not even gonna try to explain anything.
Guys, we are waiting till January, if nothing happens, I am READY!

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
My comment is a satire ; just as expected, it washed over people like you. The type of people your answer describes perfectly!

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Or maybe they could have reported that they were also going to be able to do the Interview portion online as well, but nothing was said about that. I have been waiting for over a year just for the interview portion, due to age, I am exempt from the test, and still nothing. For those who want to wait until the pandemic is over, good for you. For the rest of us that applied for citizenship last year, that's 2019 NOT 2020 we have been waiting long enough to at least get some answers about our application's and not just the generic response of " Due to Covid we have no timeline for when or if the Interviews will be RESUMED.

If you have nothing more to say other than, let's wait, there's a pandemic going on, don't protest, keep your mouths shut, don't stir the pot, WAIT, wait and wait some more, Keep it to yourself. If you're against what some people want to do, that's YOUR right, it's our right to expect updated information about OUR application's. If you have the time to be on here giving your advice, then surely someone at IRCC had the time in the last 9 months to at least write a note on the website stating that the application process is going to be halted until they have a plan in place to keep their employees safe, and an online service will be available for the, TESTING, INTERVIEWS and the OATH CEREMONY.

Last edited: