+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP Query

sharan96

May 15, 2024
Hi guys, my CRS is around 400 and I'm trying to apply for express entry and PNP as well. I'd ideally prefer to immigrate to Alberta but I don't have any family connection there. What are the chances of my application being accepted without any family connection but with 400 CRS score and 2 years experience in high demand occupation in Alberta

Gurleenlotey

Nov 6, 2021
Hi there

I am permanent resident in AB and my brother still haven’t received the NOI and his score is 471 with high demand occupation and his WP expiring this august too.please consult with someone before moving.Also whats your noc code ?

sharan96

May 15, 2024
Hi there

I am permanent resident in AB and my brother still haven’t received the NOI and his score is 471 with high demand occupation and his WP expiring this august too.please consult with someone before moving.Also whats your noc code ?
Damn that sucks! NOC code is 11100
Do you know of any other province that would accept my application quickly?

Gurleenlotey

Nov 6, 2021
Not sure about other province, but i would suggest get consultation if you still have valid work permit for another 6-12 months.
Also we are in AB since 2022 no luck yet and i think alberta pnp is on pause from march.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Damn that sucks! NOC code is 11100
Do you know of any other province that would accept my application quickly?
No province is fast. Your score is low for EE PNPs. NOC is not in demand as it is not in IT, STEM, trades or healthcare. What province do you live in?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm in India. I don't want to go through study visa so thought of directly applying for PR
If you don’t live in Canada, then PNP is not really an option unless you get a job offer with an eligible employer. Study visa doesn’t guarantee PR either. Learn French if you want to immigrate.

sharan96

May 15, 2024
Does learning French guarantee a PR? Let's say I can get the required no. of bands/grades required for French combined with a low CRS score, what would be my chances?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does learning French guarantee a PR? Let's say I can get the required no. of bands/grades required for French combined with a low CRS score, what would be my chances?
Nothing guarantees PR. There is no easy path. Your CRS score is at least 100 points to low.

To get extra points for French, you need to be B2 (advanced-intermediate) and then may be selected in a French draw. You can’t just learn basic, conversational French. If you don’t know any French, you need to commit hours per day to learning the language, read/write/watch French, join a French group etc. So if serious dedicate the next year to learning French.

Also be prepared if you come to Canada not to work in your field. You don’t have any Canadian education nor experience.

sharan96

May 15, 2024
Thank
Nothing guarantees PR. There is no easy path. Your CRS score is at least 100 points to low.

To get extra points for French, you need to be B2 (advanced-intermediate) and then may be selected in a French draw. You can’t just learn basic, conversational French. If you don’t know any French, you need to commit hours per day to learning the language, read/write/watch French, join a French group etc. So if serious dedicate the next year to learning French.

Also be prepared if you come to Canada not to work in your field. You don’t have any Canadian education nor experience.
Thank you. This helps. I'll give it a thought and proceed.