+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway

qa40870

Nov 24, 2023
Hey guys! For the Accelerated Tech Pathway, are they only going to accept the specific NOC code they have listed? The NOC Code for the work I have right now is related but is not exactly as the one on the list.

For example:
NOC Code (on the list): 22212 Drafting Technologists and Technicians
Current work NOC Code: 22210 Architectural Technologists

The work duties and responsibilities are basically the same with only a few differences (but still relevant/related to each other). Basically same job description, different job title. Also, they both fall on the 222 minor group, which is the "technical occupations in life sciences".

Thank you for your inputs!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys! For the Accelerated Tech Pathway, are they only going to accept the specific NOC code they have listed? The NOC Code for the work I have right now is related but is not exactly as the one on the list.

For example:
NOC Code (on the list): 22212 Drafting Technologists and Technicians
Current work NOC Code: 22210 Architectural Technologists

The work duties and responsibilities are basically the same with only a few differences (but still relevant/related to each other). Basically same job description, different job title. Also, they both fall on the 222 minor group, which is the "technical occupations in life sciences".

Thank you for your inputs!
Only the NOCs listed are selected, and your employer must be eligible and have the correct NAICS code. What does your employer say?

qa40870

Nov 24, 2023
Only the NOCs listed are selected, and your employer must be eligible and have the correct NAICS code. What does your employer say?
Thank you for answering! How would you confirm if your company is "eligible"? Is there a specific requirement? My company's NAICS Code would be 5413 - Architectural, engineering and related services

qa40870

Nov 24, 2023
Google - AINP tech NAICS
Hey, it's me again. I just read a few comments on this forum regarding choosing the NOC. As i mentioned before, my job title is architectural technologist (22210) but my job duties actually match drafting technologist (22212). I have more job duties stated on my contract that what an architectural technologist should be doing. Is that ground to choose 22212 instead of 22210 when choosing the NOC code? Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey, it's me again. I just read a few comments on this forum regarding choosing the NOC. As i mentioned before, my job title is architectural technologist (22210) but my job duties actually match drafting technologist (22212). I have more job duties stated on my contract that what an architectural technologist should be doing. Is that ground to choose 22212 instead of 22210 when choosing the NOC code? Thank you
You match job duties, not title to the NOC.