+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway (Home-based business)

Tuan Pham

Jan 17, 2021
Hi Everyone. I hope someone may help my case.
I have a current Express Entry profile with a score of 456, and my first Canadian work experience NOC is 51120.

A home-based business (NAICS CODE 54192) which has just been set up last month, is going to give me a full-time offer (same as the NOC of the previous job). I am going to apply for Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway because the NOC and NAICS CODE are eligible for the requirements. However, I have two questions to clarify more:
  • A new home-based business is eligible for the Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway?
  • If the program accepts a home-based business, will I have to change my mailing address is the same as the address of the home-based business? A friend told me about that.
If anyone has a similar case or experience, could you help me respond to the two questions? Thank you in advance.

healthy boba

Apr 20, 2023
  • work in a location in Alberta:
    • if you are or will be working at a home-base business in Alberta, your employer must be authorized to operate that business location from a personal residence
    • for an eligible occupation or employer, or both, as defined under each of the 4 Alberta Express Entry Stream pathways
Important: For applications requiring an Alberta job offer, AAIP reserves the right to request additional documents to complete a business legitimacy assessment to verify and make a determination on the legitimacy of the job offer as bona fide. This assessment also includes the reasonableness of the job offer based on the length of time the business has been established and the number of employees on the company’s payroll, inclusive of the job offer being evaluated. Only reasonable job offers connected to legitimate, established and verifiable businesses are eligible. Determinations to the contrary may result in the decline of the application and a finding of misrepresentation.

Tuan Pham

Jan 17, 2021
  • work in a location in Alberta:
    • if you are or will be working at a home-base business in Alberta, your employer must be authorized to operate that business location from a personal residence
    • for an eligible occupation or employer, or both, as defined under each of the 4 Alberta Express Entry Stream pathways
Important: For applications requiring an Alberta job offer, AAIP reserves the right to request additional documents to complete a business legitimacy assessment to verify and make a determination on the legitimacy of the job offer as bona fide. This assessment also includes the reasonableness of the job offer based on the length of time the business has been established and the number of employees on the company’s payroll, inclusive of the job offer being evaluated. Only reasonable job offers connected to legitimate, established and verifiable businesses are eligible. Determinations to the contrary may result in the decline of the application and a finding of misrepresentation.
Thank you for your help!

Jenniferhu

Feb 28, 2024
Hi Everyone. I hope someone may help my case.
I have a current Express Entry profile with a score of 456, and my first Canadian work experience NOC is 51120.

A home-based business (NAICS CODE 54192) which has just been set up last month, is going to give me a full-time offer (same as the NOC of the previous job). I am going to apply for Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway because the NOC and NAICS CODE are eligible for the requirements. However, I have two questions to clarify more:
  • A new home-based business is eligible for the Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway?
  • If the program accepts a home-based business, will I have to change my mailing address is the same as the address of the home-based business? A friend told me about that.
If anyone has a similar case or experience, could you help me respond to the two questions? Thank you in advance.
I have the same situation, my new employer is a home based tech company, the NAICS code is in the list, but I’m not sure if home based business is eligible for Alberta Tech Pathway. Do you have any updates? Got nomination?