+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP-family stream

DETCHIE

Oct 31, 2008
Hi everyone. I’m detchie from the Philippines.My sister wants to sponsor me under the AINP –family stream. One of the requirement is I should have accessible funds in a recognized Canadian financial institution. About this accessible funds in a recognized Canadian financial institution ($10000 for me and $4000 for my husband and daughter) my sister is declaring her financial support instead and provide all the documents necessary yet the AINP requires the past 3 months of my sister’s account history.

*** IF YOU (detchie) OR YOUR SPOUSE CANNOT PROVIDE THESE DOCUMENTS,AND YOUR SPONSOR IS DECLARING THEIR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS INSTEAD, YOU SPONSOR MUST PROVIDE THESE DOCUMENTS

As of august ‘08 her savings account here in Canada holds $20,000CAD. September she spent half of it and brought it down to $10000CAD. October her savings went up to $15000CAD.Can I submit my application to AINP-FAMILY STREAM this November’08 even though my sister wasn’t able to maintain her savings at a minimum of $14000cad for the past 3 months? Should the $14000cad minimum always be on her account for the past three months before I can submit my application to AINP?
hope you guys could help me in any way.. thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should be fine. The reason they want to see her account history is to see that it's not going from 0 to 14000 in one day shortly before she has to provide the account balance which would mean that she had borrowed the money from someone.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long a person, with PR, needs to wait before applying for sponsorship for his parents? I am expecting to complete PR process by march 09. Can I apply for my parents sponsorship within 2-3 months of landing in Calgary?
Thanks,

Taps

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying for their sponsorship under AINP, you have to have lived in AB for 1 year. If you are applying under the federal program, there is no wait to apply but you have to show that you have the means to support them so without a tax return or at least an employment contract, that could be hard.

botz

Dec 17, 2009
I'm sponsoring my niece thru' the Family Stream Program(AINP).I did provide my niece with the necessary fund for at least $10,000.00 because she cant afford it so I did all my best for the necessary fund.Now they change the rules again instead they wont allow me anymore to provide for my niece which is really harsh...So I need to send her the money from Canada???? And its just a waste of time you know...because when she come to Canada she is going to need it here anyway!

lhou

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2010 (CEM)
AOR Received.
24-05-2010
Med's Request
03-09-2010
Med's Done....
12-10-2010/21/10/2010
Passport Req..
22/11/2010
Re: AINP-family stream (Detchie)

Hi Detchie.

I saw your post made last Oct 2008.
I assumed that you have applied (and have your file#)at this time.
I'd like to know your timeline.

I'm Lhou, from Sta. Rosa, Laguna. My brother in Edmonton sponsored me and my family thru AINP-FS. 'Got my file# last May 2009 and at this time is in the "waiting mode"...

How about yours?