AINP Family Stream - Question on Education and Experience

laidback87uk

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a British Citizen and applying soon for AINP Family Stream. However, I am confused about the education and experience requirements.

AINP requirements state the following:

1. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree program of at least two (2) years in duration.
2. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- a minimum of three years of full-time work experience that is related to individual’s post-secondary credential within the past four years
- a minimum of three years of full-time post-secondary school within the past four years
- a combination of three years of full-time work experience and full-time post-secondary school within the past four years. The education and experience must be related (i.e. an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer).

Source: Government of Alberta

I understand that Section 1 states the minimum education requirement, whilst Section 2 specifies the minimum requirement for work experience (which can be substituted by 3 years of full-time post-secondary school). My current situation is the following: I am 22 years old at the moment, did my A-Levels when I was 18-19, and a bachelors degree when I was 19-22. My work experience is, naturally, limited, since I was mostly in full-time education during the past 5 years. Thus, I don’t meet the minimum work experience requirement. However, I have finished a 3-year bachelors degree, which I understand I can substitute for the lack of work experience.

Therefore, I was hoping to clarify the following:

1. If assuming that 'post-secondary education' means my undergraduate degree, does this mean that my degree would satisfy both Sections 1 and 2.2?
2. I was wondering why does the checklist requires me to 'provide reference letter for all employers in the past four years demonstrating how my work experience is related to their post-secondary education', when I am using my post-secondary education as a substitute for work experience (which, from how I understand it, Section 2 allows me to do so).

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, your understanding is Ok according to requirement.

You can mention n/a (Not Applicable) in the checklist, while submitting the application.

Do keep in mind that the the AINP processing time is more than 4 years... CIC time is additional. moreover, you still have to show the funds.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/processingtimes.html

you can also have 1 yr experience in the Fast Track Occupations and apply as FSW....

laidback87uk said:
I am a British Citizen and applying soon for AINP Family Stream. However, I am confused about the education and experience requirements.

AINP requirements state the following:

1. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree program of at least two (2) years in duration.
2. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- a minimum of three years of full-time work experience that is related to individual's post-secondary credential within the past four years
- a minimum of three years of full-time post-secondary school within the past four years
- a combination of three years of full-time work experience and full-time post-secondary school within the past four years. The education and experience must be related (i.e. an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer).

Source: Government of Alberta

I understand that Section 1 states the minimum education requirement, whilst Section 2 specifies the minimum requirement for work experience (which can be substituted by 3 years of full-time post-secondary school). My current situation is the following: I am 22 years old at the moment, did my A-Levels when I was 18-19, and a bachelors degree when I was 19-22. My work experience is, naturally, limited, since I was mostly in full-time education during the past 5 years. Thus, I don't meet the minimum work experience requirement. However, I have finished a 3-year bachelors degree, which I understand I can substitute for the lack of work experience.

Therefore, I was hoping to clarify the following:

1. If assuming that 'post-secondary education' means my undergraduate degree, does this mean that my degree would satisfy both Sections 1 and 2.2?
2. I was wondering why does the checklist requires me to 'provide reference letter for all employers in the past four years demonstrating how my work experience is related to their post-secondary education', when I am using my post-secondary education as a substitute for work experience (which, from how I understand it, Section 2 allows me to do so).

akmkamboj79

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 -9-2008
Doc's Request.
10-10-2009
Nomination.....
22-4-2010
AOR Received.
24-9-2010
IELTS Request
attached
Med's Request
24-9-2010
Med's Done....
27-9-2010
Interview........
telephonic interview on 16 feb
Passport Req..
24-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
4 -5-2011
LANDED..........
13-6-2011
hi everybody i m akm frm punjab i got nomination under ainp family stream, on 12may and i submit application for PR with nomination certificate and other doc on july 26 at new Delhi ,but my paper was return to me on 3 aug ,due to uncompleted.i have some question plz reply me as soon as possible

1. birth certificate is necessary for both principal applicant and spouse & my sponsor,because i have only (10th) D.M.C as a proof of birth date

2 is it necessary university transcript copy of degree in sealed envelop, of my and my spouse

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone who applied under AINP family stream program and got nominated in shorter term than 48 months?

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied in oct 2008 and got nominated in march 2010.

regards,

echoes1978 said:
Is there anyone who applied under AINP family stream program and got nominated in shorter term than 48 months?

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIO office in Sydney can start with application process in few months, what are this guys in Alberta doing for so long? This is just a back up option if something goes wrong, because it is definitely too long to wait.