+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP “Intention to Reside” & Things to update with IRCC & AINP

Leonroy

Nov 17, 2021
Can I ask about a situation? Here it goes:

I am an outland applicant who has just recently accepted a nomination under the province of AB. Whilst accomplishing my Provincial Nomination, a company has offered me a jobin Singapore. Due to financial reasons, I have decided to grab this offer in Singapore, while waiting for my Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR in Canada.

The plan is for me to work in Singapore for the meantime. Once my PR status gets approved, I plan to come to Canada to claim my PR but go back to Singapore and stay for two years to save up for Canada. After these two years I plan to finally move to AB, Canada to settle down.

I have signed with the company in Singapore even beforereceiving an ITA and applying for PR. I know I should update IRCC and the PNP for any changes like address, and employment.

Here are my questions:

1. Would this affect my application for PR? On the grounds of “Intention to Reside”?
  2. After claiming my PR, can I leave Canada for the meantime?

D

Deleted member 1050918

I believe changing a job while still outside Canada doesn't add any implications regarding your intent to settle in AB or lack thereof. However, do you plan on quitting your job in Singapore before moving to Canada? Once you're at a port of entry to activate your PR, the officers will know whether you're still employed in Singapore or not and it would definitely bring strong questions for your intent to settle in AB. You know, still being employed in Singapore while you're trying to make an entry screams "soft landing" which will most probably result in the officers denying you entry and your PR.

Regarding your second question, assume you quitted your job in Singapore before moving to AB which doesn't alert the officer and you most likely get your PR activated. What you're asking is again soft landing and I guess it's quite risky as a PNP because again, it raises questions regarding your intent to settle in AB. So, yes you can leave Canada after you've obtained your PR through AINP but it comes with its risks which include losing your PR status.

Take a look at this https://www.justforcanada.com/moving-to-another-province-pnp-express-entry.html

Leonroy

Nov 17, 2021
I believe changing a job while still outside Canada doesn't add any implications regarding your intent to settle in AB or lack thereof. However, do you plan on quitting your job in Singapore before moving to Canada? Once you're at a port of entry to activate your PR, the officers will know whether you're still employed in Singapore or not and it would definitely bring strong questions for your intent to settle in AB. You know, still being employed in Singapore while you're trying to make an entry screams "soft landing" which will most probably result in the officers denying you entry and your PR.

Regarding your second question, assume you quitted your job in Singapore before moving to AB which doesn't alert the officer and you most likely get your PR activated. What you're asking is again soft landing and I guess it's quite risky as a PNP because again, it raises questions regarding your intent to settle in AB. So, yes you can leave Canada after you've obtained your PR through AINP but it comes with its risks which include losing your PR status.

Take a look at this https://www.justforcanada.com/moving-to-another-province-pnp-express-entry.html
Thank you for shedding some light in my plan. I guess the only way would be resigning in Singapore and then go to Canada to finally settle down in AB and not leave.
I was trying to look at my plan and reexamine it on every angle. I guess “processing times” of documents and the PR itself would also play an important part in my stay in Singapore.
Hopefully it will workout in my favour.

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
hi there, good luck! i got my positive LMIA, i am outlander too, Accountant, my crs score with job offer is 340, can i apply for nomination, how long is the process and your timeline, please advise, would be happy if you share some light