+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP – PNP Application – Employer has been acquired by another company?

awilly

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Users,

I am in a pretty complicated situation right now, I have filed my application under AINP employer driven skilled worker category.
My employer helped me with all the required documentation and procedures. Below are my timelines

AINP Nomination SEP 2013
Application received at CIO NS: 21st NOV 2013
AOR & Medicals received: 09th JAN 2014
Medical reports has been received: 16th FEB 2014
RPRF and PCC paid in advance.
Current application status : 'Application Received'
Next steps awaiting.......

During this process my current employer has been acquired by another company.
For me nothing has been changed only the company name has been changed by work conditions my salary is exactly same.

As per AINP guide lines i should inform CIC and AINP if if i change my employer. But In my case i have not changed my employer although emploer is acquired by another company. So below are my doubts:

1) Do i need to inform CIC only with new offer letter of merger letter from current employer?
2) Do i need to inform AINP and again get the new nomination and send it back to CIC?
3) Will CIC come to know this change during the further processing of my application, for example in Background check or Security check ?
If yes, they will reject my application or ask for explanation or extra documents?
4) Also my current SIN number or CRA details will reflect the new company name who acquired my existing company? So do CIC check my details with CRA during background check?

I would be very much thankful to everyone who can help me on this tragic situation.
Looking for everyones help on this.....

Kind Regards,
willy

Igbin

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Awilly,

Your situation is not as bad as you've painted it! This is an acquisition case and it is very straightforward and simple. First option is for you to notify AINP of the corporate transition from one name to another, you will equally state that your title, job specification and salary remain unchanged. This will pass through the approval process easily.

On the alternative, you may wish to wait for any query on the change of name which I'm relatively certain will not happen. Your case will easily transition to completion - PPR and landing without issue. I have witnessed cases with worst scenario getting completed to PR.

Relax and follow your heart!

awilly

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response. I am initiating process with AINP.

But as per your response there are very less chances that CIC will inquire ab my current employer ? but in background check what are the things they verify? any idea ?

Igbin

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background check is predominantly about criminality and other admissibility factors. Since you're nominated by your province, the rest is with the Federal(CIC). Federal concerns itself with medical and security admissibility.

You may go ahead to notify AINP of the acquisition/change of name if you prefer. AINP will in turn get CIC acquainted with this change.

awilly

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Igbin,

Thank you so much for your inputs ...I had called AINP customer care... they asked me to mail them all acquisition documents like new employer contract merger letter and all..also they said re assessment is not required you just need update your information on your file in AINP as well as in CIC.

As per you comments above AINP will communicate to CIC ab changed information on my file ? Means have you seen such cases till date ?