+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after getting PR card, divorce issue, does it make any impact?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For a bit more 'flavour' - sometimes the issue comes up of one spouse being unhappy the other got PR status and threatening to have it revoked. That mostly does not happen.
The one spouse can submit info to IRCC that the marriage was 'fraudulent' (i.e. one spouse tricked the other). However, unless the case is obvious, IRCC rarely takes steps to revoke, i.e. the default assumption is usually that the marriage just didn't work out. So don't worry about this.
As a practical matter, you presumably asked for the PR card to be sent to your spouse's address, and you will need that. Hopefully you can maintain good enough relations that bureaucratic and child issues can be worked out without serious problems.

Reactions: Gulgul

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Just finished my quarantine and still do not have SIN and no job. My wife doesn't financially support me and my son.in that case can am I eligible to apply for some kind of welfare or some other financial assistance?
You moved to Canada with no fund?!! Your quarantine was only 2 weeks and you expect to get job right after you get out of quarantine.

First thing first is to apply for SIN. Then look for a job. If you really have no mean of supporting yourselve and your son in a new country, you may consider moving back home where you get more support from family.