+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After biometrics, how long to wait for next step?

GyannahAntoine

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hi! What’s the next step after the biometrics is completed? How long to wait after the biometrics? Applying from the philippines. Thank you

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi! What’s the next step after the biometrics is completed? How long to wait after the biometrics? Applying from the philippines. Thank you
Online Application
Once your Biometrics is acknowledged it reflects on your application. Processing of the application takes place (Review of eligibility, Review of medical results (case to case basis), Review of additional documents, Biometrics and Background check) until they get to the final decision. The decision will reflect on your account. If approved your passport will be requested, Otherwise, you will receive a letter of refusal,

To check for estimated days https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Sep 23, 2021
My Biometric appointment is scheduled at VFS Global at Chennai, India on Oct 11th. Do I have to to leave my passport after Biometric at VFS and they will return the same through courier after approval of Visa OR I have to visit the VFS again?

Dec 4, 2023
hello I did my biometrics on 1st December 2023, and up to now I've not received any message from them so I'm asking how many weeks will it take them to send me a message to go ahead to do my medicals and rest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello I did my biometrics on 1st December 2023, and up to now I've not received any message from them so I'm asking how many weeks will it take them to send me a message to go ahead to do my medicals and rest
Since posting under visitor visa, why do you need a medical? You are well within normal processing times so if you have had no movement by end of March then raise a webform