+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After arriving in canada, my sponsored wife left me and committed income tax fraud

llotek

Dec 31, 2019
After years of struggling to get my wife and eventually our daughter to canada from philippines, she left me to start her own life..in the first year of her leaving me it became clear she had planned to leave me once she got here while i also found out she was committing tax fraud by declaring significantly less on her income tax return than what she had actually made..she did this in hopes of qualifying for legal aid to fight me in family court for full custody of our daughter, during proceedings in family court she again claimed to make alot less income than the reality in order to get more from me for child support. I have reported her to revenue canada with no response from them..i am reporting her now to criminal court for perjury because she continues to claim a very small amount for her 2022 income tax. She is also collecting maximum benefits due to her claimed low income for 2022 which includes child tax credit, gst, grocery rebate as well as other benefits and credits she should not qualify for. My question is, if convicted, will she risk being deported from canada? We have a child together and i am concerned about how this will effect our daughter if she is convicted and deported from canada..any information is appreciated..thank you