+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghan Refugee Resettlement Canada

May 10, 2023
Hi, is there any Afghan refugee or any other refugee who received an email from IOM that his/her flight was scheduled for Canada on a specific date, but they couldn't make it on that particular date and missed the flight owing to some serious condition? Did they make new arrangements for you for another flight (how long did you wait before they made arrangements for you on another flight)? How was your overall in experience, please?

I would really appreciate if anyone else could also share any information regarding this.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, is there any Afghan refugee or any other refugee who received an email from IOM that his/her flight was scheduled for Canada on a specific date, but they couldn't make it on that particular date and missed the flight owing to some serious condition? Did they make new arrangements for you for another flight (how long did you wait before they made arrangements for you on another flight)? How was your overall in experience, please?

I would really appreciate if anyone else could also share any information regarding this.

Thank you
This is a very uncommon situation and will be very dependent on your individual situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry I missed putting "COVID" in my previous reply.
Thanks for your reply.
If you have proof that you were infected with Covid on the date of your flight that was a good reason to miss your flight but did you not contact IOM at the time? You need to keep in contact with IOM and warns them as soon as possible if there is a possibility that you can not make the flight. It is important that flights depart as full as possible and that IOM, Canadian government and you don’t buy tickets that go unfilled. If IOM and IRCC were aware that you had a covid infection and would still be infectious during your scheduled flight time there would have been attempts to fill the seat. Was this for a whole family and did they all have covid? This still comes down to a very specific set of circumstances so only IOM and IRCC can tell you what will happen going forward. Unless the flight hasn’t happened yet and you have already contact IOM and IRCC, you should already be communicating with both organizations.

May 10, 2023
Thanks very much for your detailed response. That is quite helpful indeed. I had a high fever several days ago, which settled after taking acetaminophen and then I started developing all other classic symptoms of Covid like pain, loss of smell and severe fatigue. Fatigue is too terrible at the moment that I cannot walk longer. I don't know if I am still infectious, but I will isolate for about two weeks more to protect my family members from catching it. I have such awful fatigue and I don't think I will manage such a long flight and all the walks at airports, etc. with this fatigue. I didn't have a Covid test and I immediately isolated myself in my room right after coming down with fever and knew that it was Covid, so thankfully no other family has contracted it from me. I have been extremely careful about this since the pandemic and very mindful of the pandemic, but unfortunately still caught it. The flight is only for me. No other family member is coming with me to Canada. I received an email from IOM today about the scheduled charter flight next week.

There are networks (internet) issues in Pakistan due to the arresting of PM and protests nationwide, so I haven't written to IOM about it yet and also realized that it would be helpful to see if other went through a similar situation or if other people would give some suggestions to put this into words. I have been waiting for this for so long and really didn't want to postpone it for a second, but unfortunately that's the situation. I am not sure how this will change things for me further, like how long will another flight take or if they will even postpone this for me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks very much for your detailed response. That is quite helpful indeed. I had a high fever several days ago, which settled after taking acetaminophen and then I started developing all other classic symptoms of Covid like pain, loss of smell and severe fatigue. Fatigue is too terrible at the moment that I cannot walk longer. I don't know if I am still infectious, but I will isolate for about two weeks more to protect my family members from catching it. I have such awful fatigue and I don't think I will manage such a long flight and all the walks at airports, etc. with this fatigue. I didn't have a Covid test and I immediately isolated myself in my room right after coming down with fever and knew that it was Covid, so thankfully no other family has contracted it from me. I have been extremely careful about this since the pandemic and very mindful of the pandemic, but unfortunately still caught it. The flight is only for me. No other family member is coming with me to Canada. I received an email from IOM today about the scheduled charter flight next week.

There are networks (internet) issues in Pakistan due to the arresting of PM and protests nationwide, so I haven't written to IOM about it yet and also realized that it would be helpful to see if other went through a similar situation or if other people would give some suggestions to put this into words. I have been waiting for this for so long and really didn't want to postpone it for a second, but unfortunately that's the situation. I am not sure how this will change things for me further, like how long will another flight take or if they will even postpone this for me.
If you are able to post to this forum then you should also be able to send a message to IOM. I would recommend prioritizing sending a communication to IOM on this issue and asking for their direction since it's a unique situation and because they will ultimately be the ones to tell you what to do next. The sooner you contact them, the better. Simply tell them you got COVID several days ago and have experienced a number of symptoms, including a high fever. Say that isolating for two weeks would mean missing your flight and ask them for direction / instructions. You can say that it is a very high priority for you to come to Canada but you are concerned about infecting others. Keep it simple.

Hope you feel better soon.

May 10, 2023
If you are able to post to this forum then you should also be able to send a message to IOM. I would recommend prioritizing sending a communication to IOM on this issue and asking for their direction since it's a unique situation and because they will ultimately be the ones to tell you what to do next. The sooner you contact them, the better. Simply tell them you got COVID several days ago and have experienced a number of symptoms, including a high fever. Say that isolating for two weeks would mean missing your flight and ask them for direction / instructions. You can say that it is a very high priority for you to come to Canada but you are concerned about infecting others. Keep it simple.

Hope you feel better soon.
I appreciate your reply. And thanks for the good wishes.