+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affect of WORKING part-time ON CAMPUS in LAST SEMESTER (part-time status) on PR

henryphan

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hi everyone

My friend has worked 8hrs/week in a research project on a college campus in her last semester (pay by cheque). That term, she studied only one subject to graduate.

After graduation, she went for master program at BC. So is there any problem due to the previous working that will affect her PR application if she applied as BC EE for post graduated international student? or PGWP?

Anyone was in the same situation? Thank you very much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It won't be a problem since it was her last semester. Students are allowed to be part time their last semester if required to complete their degree.

henryphan

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
scylla said:
It won't be a problem since it was her last semester. Students are allowed to be part time their last semester if required to complete their degree.
Thank you very much @scylla. You always have very short but accurate answers. I have one more question that if we apply as EE PNP program, all our documents will be examined by the province government only or it will be checked again by CIC visa officer? If yes, what will they check?

I would do appreciate if you could send me a source of these process procedure (detail steps). Thank you

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi HenryPhan,

Your PNP office will first require certain documentation to nominate you I believe. After that every other document will be what is required from CIC during your application process. CIC makes the final decision. Every documentation needed is listed on the CIC website.

I hope it helps a bit. cheers.

henryphan said:
Thank you very much @scylla. You always have very short but accurate answers. I have one more question that if we apply as EE PNP program, all our documents will be examined by the province government only or it will be checked again by CIC visa officer? If yes, what will they check?

I would do appreciate if you could send me a source of these process procedure (detail steps). Thank you

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hello,
Sorry for this but aren't students allowed to work 10 hours/week legally?

Are you worried just because she just took 1 course that semester?

please correct me, I will be in the same boat..