+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on a short hearing

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I have received a short hearing notice for March 2023 after 5 months in Canada.

There is an other document I have received which is called Notice to the Minister regarding a possible decision without a hearing

which says If the presiding officer is satisfied that the criteria set out in the Instructions have been met, the presiding officer may exercise his or her discretion to decide the claim without a hearing once the time period set out in the Refugee Protection Division Rules for the Minister to intervene has expired (i.e., no later than 10 days before the date set for the hearing). This constitutes notice to the Minister under sections 1.4 and 2.1.2 of the Instructions.

I would like to know which one is better , is it a short hearing or a decision without hearing ? Do you think a decision without hearing can also be negative ? Does the decision without hearing take too long ?

I submitted the basis of claim together with all the evidences or proof of persecution.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have received a short hearing notice for March 2023 after 5 months in Canada.

There is an other document I have received which is called Notice to the Minister regarding a possible decision without a hearing

which says If the presiding officer is satisfied that the criteria set out in the Instructions have been met, the presiding officer may exercise his or her discretion to decide the claim without a hearing once the time period set out in the Refugee Protection Division Rules for the Minister to intervene has expired (i.e., no later than 10 days before the date set for the hearing). This constitutes notice to the Minister under sections 1.4 and 2.1.2 of the Instructions.

I would like to know which one is better , is it a short hearing or a decision without hearing ? Do you think a decision without hearing can also be negative ? Does the decision without hearing take too long ?

I submitted the basis of claim together with all the evidences or proof of persecution.
Decision without a hearing will always be an approval. If you are at risk of being denied you will get a hearing.