+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed, TRV for Infant from outside Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

Hi armoured - I have a related question on the highlighted text.
I am a PR holder and not in compliance with my RO. If I apply for TRV for my child born in India, can that trigger a check on my Residency Obligation resulting in cancellation of my PR status?
as of now, I am planning to travel in July and wanted to initiate the TRV for my child before leaving India.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
I don't know. Applying to sponsor your child almost certainly would. Really you should get compliant again as soon as possible, even if that means being apart for some time. This is assuming you are not so non-compliant that you will have trouble getting in to Canada/get reported.

tsb_31

Feb 21, 2017
I don't know. Applying to sponsor your child almost certainly would. Really you should get compliant again as soon as possible, even if that means being apart for some time. This is assuming you are not so non-compliant that you will have trouble getting in to Canada/get reported.
Thanks. I am out of country for straight 4 years - so I think I am definitely non compliant to a large extent. But i have a job offer now and hence will try to convince the immigration officer my intent to settle permanently.

I know sponsorship is out of question but was trying for a TRV so that if granted - my family can be in Canada.
I remember reading a thread sometime back where someone applied for a TRV even being non compliant. Will try to search such threads where any one has applied for a TRV for kid even if they were non compliant and what effect it had. Definitely don't want to trigger an enquiry on my RO before entering the country

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Thanks so for now we are compliant with RO. My only concern is I need to travel back this month without my wife and baby if I didn’t get my baby visa. Also, what’s the average time if I apply PR for infant once I land in canada.
I am in Canada as PR and had applied for the Visitor Visa for my newborn now in India and it was approved. Please note I have submitted PR Family sponsorship application in parallel which is still in progress

Here is the timeline on Visitor Visa
Visitor Visa Applied on 04-Jan-2021
Acknowledgement 04-Feb-2021
Visitor Visa approved 05-May-2021

Now waiting for the VFS offices to open up for stamping.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
I am in Canada as PR and had applied for the Visitor Visa for my newborn now in India and it was approved. Please note I have submitted PR Family sponsorship application in parallel which is still in progress

Here is the timeline on Visitor Visa
Visitor Visa Applied on 04-Jan-2021
Acknowledgement 04-Feb-2021
Visitor Visa approved 05-May-2021

Now waiting for the VFS offices to open up for stamping.
Perfect so are you in India or Canada? when you filed PR for your baby.

Also I got an update on my new born Visitor Visa that Medical Exam needed. So kindly do within 30 days. Does this means main huddle already passed?
I filed on 16 Feb 2021
Acknowledgement- 17 Feb 2021
Medical Requested - 26 May 2021

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
HI ramansingh05 - any update on your application for TRV? i am planning to submit TYRV application for my kid this week so wanted to understand the processing times.
Hi,

Yes I got message that Medical Exam needed. Not sure I am on which stage but they requested it.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
HI ramansingh05 - any update on your application for TRV? i am planning to submit TYRV application for my kid this week so wanted to understand the processing times.
Hi Yes I got an update that Medical Exam needed for new born baby. I am not sure on which phase currently I am
Here is the timeline
Application Filed - 16 Feb 2021
Acknowledgement - 17 Feb 2021
Medical Exam requested - 26 May 2021

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Therefore I thought I would ask you a question on this thread. In my case, we applied for the TRV for our baby on 22ns Feb 2021 and my husband has moved to Canada on 7th March and has secured a job there too. however we haven't mentioned this in the submitted application. Is there a way(email, etc) for us to inform the authorities about this? Will it help with our application for our baby's TRV?
Thanks in advance,
Ani
Hi Did you get any update on the application?

divxthegreat

Dec 26, 2020
Perfect so are you in India or Canada? when you filed PR for your baby.

Also I got an update on my new born Visitor Visa that Medical Exam needed. So kindly do within 30 days. Does this means main huddle already passed?
I filed on 16 Feb 2021
Acknowledgement- 17 Feb 2021
Medical Requested - 26 May 2021
Well, that definitely is a good update if you have already completed the medicals for PR application.

In my case, we had completed the medicals for PR application and the same got updated in the visitor visa application within a day of getting Medical request on Visit Visa application. We got Visit Visa approval within couple of days after the medicals was marked complete.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Well, that definitely is a good update if you have already completed the medicals for PR application.

In my case, we had completed the medicals for PR application and the same got updated in the visitor visa application within a day of getting Medical request on Visit Visa application. We got Visit Visa approval within couple of days after the medicals was marked complete.
Can you share your number via DM.I need to ask 1-2 questions if you don’t mind.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi Yes I got an update that Medical Exam needed for new born baby. I am not sure on which phase currently I am
Here is the timeline
Application Filed - 16 Feb 2021
Acknowledgement - 17 Feb 2021
Medical Exam requested - 26 May 2021
Hi - just wanted to ask if you were able to get the trv approval for the baby?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
If you were unsuccessful in getting the TRV, try for a TRP (temporary resident permit)!
Hi - thanks. No, actually I haven't still received a response on the trv application. It was filed in Nov 2020 but no update yet. I was just wondering if this is normal.

anisam0104

Mar 30, 2021
Hi Did you get any update on the application?
Hi RamanSingh05, sorry for the delay in response. Yes, we did get a request last month for a Medical exam. I think the date was 9th or 10th May. We did the medicals on 15th May. Since then we are waiting for an update from CIC. Now it is showing on the application page that we haven't completed and submitted the medicals. I am not sure but it seems to be auto triggered by the website. CIC website says that there will be delays because of backlogs of medical exams to go through. So, patiently waiting... :)
How is your application process going on? Any update on your application post the medical exam?