+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Administrative processing - Waiver Recommendation wait time?

W3456

Mar 10, 2023
Hi,
I was recently put under administrative processing because they sent a recommendation for a waiver to the DHS. They can’t tell me how long it will take. Has someone gone through this recently and can tell me how long it took to hear back about their waiver?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,
I was recently put under administrative processing because they sent a recommendation for a waiver to the DHS. They can’t tell me how long it will take. Has someone gone through this recently and can tell me how long it took to hear back about their waiver?
Without proper details, its difficult to predict what is your situation. Please give detailed info like your status and all.

W3456

Mar 10, 2023
Without proper details, its difficult to predict what is your situation. Please give detailed info like your status and all.
They really didn't tell me much. I just applied for a non-immigrant visa. At the interview, they saw that I have a ban from entering US on my file and said I need a waiver, so they are going to send a recommendation to DHS for me, and that I'll get my visa if they approve it. They gave me a sheet that says I've been placed in administrative processing, but no further action is required from me.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
They really didn't tell me much. I just applied for a non-immigrant visa. At the interview, they saw that I have a ban from entering US on my file and said I need a waiver, so they are going to send a recommendation to DHS for me, and that I'll get my visa if they approve it. They gave me a sheet that says I've been placed in administrative processing, but no further action is required from me.
Again , no clear details, What visa have you applied for, where are you located currently. Who is "They" here in your message?

W3456

Mar 10, 2023
Again , no clear details, What visa have you applied for, where are you located currently. Who is "They" here in your message?
I applied for the E2 investors visa. It's at the consulate in Toronto. I am in Canada. "They" are the consulate officer who gave me the interview.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I applied for the E2 investors visa. It's at the consulate in Toronto. I am in Canada. "They" are the consulate officer who gave me the interview.
Sorry no idea at all. I doubt anyone would have clear picture on this here. This thread is mainly focused on H1b. Your attorney would be best to answer that!

W3456

Mar 10, 2023
Sorry no idea at all. I doubt anyone would have clear picture on this here. This thread is mainly focused on H1b. Your attorney would be best to answer that!
Yup I just tried my luck here because I know the waiver recommendation procedure is the same for all non-immigrant visas coming from Toronto. Lawyer has no idea. Google has no information.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Yup I just tried my luck here because I know the waiver recommendation procedure is the same for all non-immigrant visas coming from Toronto. Lawyer has no idea. Google has no information.
Oh strange that attorneys doesn't know much on this.

Found few threads on this. fyi : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/page-1099#post-9798592

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/page-1095#post-9798007